𝟑𝟔- 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬

Heroes and villains. Before the story even finishes, everyone already knows the ending to it.

Hero fights villain. Villain seems like they're going to win, something happens and suddenly, villain gets mad, villain is cornered. Hero defeats villain. The end.

But not all stories have it as easy as a hero and villain.

Your finger trailed over the fairytale book Dabi gave you, 'The princess and the pea.' You read it once when he was gone on a mission, shortly before Hawks threatened to kill Stain.

The Princess and the Pea was a fairytale that warned the reader about the dangers of jumping to conclusions without all the facts.

A prince insisted on marrying a real princess. A girl comes to his door soaking wet and looking like a mess saying that she is a real princess. The prince's mother tests her by burying a pea under a huge stack of mattresses and then ordering the woman to sleep on the mattresses.

After tossing and turning all night, the girl reveals to the prince's mother she couldn't sleep well. And that's when the prince's mother realized, she truly was a princess.

The prince's mother first had to test the girl to truly see if she was an actual princess because she didn't look like it. That's why they also say, 'Don't judge a book by its cover.'

Some of the other morals of this fairy tale are that first impressions are not always correct and that the smallest of things can make a difference.

There was no "hero" or "villain" in this story. No witch, evil queen, or bad sorcerer. It was just a mother with trust issues, a prince and a princess.

Because in some stories, there's no need for a 'villain' or 'hero' only a problem, good plot, and final resolution. That's it.

However your story was the complete opposite. In your story, all you had were heroes and villains.

It made you angry. If only convincing people of something was that easy. If only you could complain about a pea and suddenly everyone would believe you. Upon finishing the story you put the book inside a drawer and never read it again. The thought of your story having no heroes or villains was a dream of yours.

After you left the hospital, Mirko and Hawks visited you in your apartment while Stain and Dabi were out trying to find Tomura.

"Come in," you said to both heroes as they arrived at your doorstep, "I'll make tea."

"So you're really a villain huh?" Mirko said as she stepped inside, "Who would've guessed the girl next door was working with Japan's most wanted."

Your face felt hot as she said this. Boy was this awkward.

"You met them," you said, "At the hospital correct?"

Mirko hummed, "I made Hawks here find a doctor for you, then I looked for a small private hospital. That way no one would recognize them," she said, "surprisingly they.. behaved."

"They didn't leave your side, and were constantly checking up on you," Mirko said, "It was weird."

You shook your head, "Mirko, they're my friends. My family, how is it weird that they cared about me?"

"Because they're villains" Hawks spoke.

You looked over at Hawks as you poured water inside the kettle.

"What?" you asked.

Hawk's wings draped over your couch as he crossed his legs to get comfortable.

"They're people..Hawks..humans with emotions and feelings as much as you and I," you said.

Hawks scoffed, "Still villains."