iii

⚕⚕⚕

To: Oli, Thomas

→ i'm coming back!

Thomas
When?

→ a week before Christmas; giving a lecture at Hopkins

Thomas
Medical school?

→ of course

→ don't worry i have gifts

→ even for you, dearest tom

Thomas
Joy, I'm quivering with excitement

Oli
wait YOU'RE COMING BACK

→ yes did you not read the messages

→ i have gifts for you

Oli
:))))

Within the two weeks that she had been there, word had spread that the Angelina Engelli was working at Seattle Grace. Many surgical residents, and even some attendings were itching to work on neuro cases, much to Richard Webber's discontent. Angelina herself, however, was quite enjoying the ego boost.

The two were walking along the bridge overlooking the hospital.

"Richard, if it helps, I'll be at Hopkins until the day after Christmas. Well, I'm leaving the day after Christmas so I'll probably be back to Seattle on Christmas day," she tapped her cuin thoughtfully. "That's how time zones work, right?"

"What?" He looked bewildered. "Why are you leaving?"

"Lectures. Plus I still work there part time."

He turned his head and mumbled something along the lines of; "not being full time and still the highest paid surgeon here."

"Well then Angelina, you'll be missing the briefing on new teaching policies."

She waved him off. "Just email me the basics. It sounds boring anyways."

Angelina, with her bag full of files and paperwork that had to be done, was just about to leave the hospital. She had just finished her final 24-hour shift, and a nap to make sure she was able to drive. By now, it was six in the morning, and the sun was shining. The door was just about to have been pushed open (and not pulled, as she had learned, in a rather embarrassing way), before Angelina was cruelly interrupted.

"Angie, wait! Where the hell are you going?"

"To my home...?" She rolled her eyes.

"Why do you have so many files?"

"Wow, nosy much, Derek? But just for your informazione, I'm off to Baltimore for a week."

"Oh," he replied, a slight frown present, "Say hi to Amy for me then."

"She's in LA, you dimwit."

"Weren't you in LA? I thought you two were friends? Why aren't you with her?"

Her gaze hardened, but she portrayed no other emotion, though many were present in her rant. "Der, I already told you. LA was too sunny. If I stayed there any longer, I would have shriveled up to nothing but a humanoid raisin. I call her often though, don't worry. Maybe you should as well, if you're so concerned. Now if you'll excuse me, I must get to my penthouse, change into my most prized Ralph Lauren overcoat, and adorn myself in sapphires, drive my Porsche to the airport, so I can board my first class private jet."

He dropped the subject. "Showoff."

"Oh, please. Like you're not wearing cashmere Balenciaga and drove up here in an Audi, with your Mercedes at home in your ten acre land."

"Touché."

"Engelli's gone."

"What? She got fired?" Meredith asked, dumbfounded at Cristina.

Alex came over, putting his lunch tray on the table. "Who got fired?"

"No shut up, no one got fired."

"Then why did Mer say that someone got fired?"

"I only asked if she got fired."

"Ooh. Who got fired?"

Cristina, Meredith and Alex stared incredulously at Lexie, who just arrived at the table.

"No one got fired. All I said is that Engelli's gone."

"Oh. Yeah, that." Lexie said, idly, eating a fry. "Uh— she's in Maryland— Baltimore."

"And how do you know that?" Cristina interrogated, leaning in.

"She told me. During her posterior fossa decompression, that is. And uh- you could probably hear the chief talking about it." she lowered her voice. "He was kinda rambling— like I am I guess, but not in a good way so you could—"

"Wait, wait, wait. You scrubbed in a Chiari Malformation fix?

Lexie nodded her head feverishly. "Yes! It was awesome! She even let me—"

"How did you, an overwhelmingly optimistic intern scrub in with a double Harper Avery winner, when I, a genius resident with two doctorates, can't even get Hahn to let me watch a surgery?"

"Well actually, I didn't do anything. She came up to me, while I was charting, and was like 'I don't have an intern, so I'm stealing you, because you look promising,' and then I was in the OR removing an occipital bone."

"Uh-huh."

It was marvelous. The Seattle airport was, understandably, immensely busy. People were scurrying to their terminals, or to get food. Some sat on benches carelessly flipping through magazines. Yet with such a bustling atmosphere, everyone was still absorbed in their own bubbles. And Angelina loved it.

It was, as what can be described as, organized chaos.

And so, she too, took part in the discord, and set foot amidst the flight passengers, speed walking her way to the terminal.

Her private jet awaited her, separated from the comparatively much larger commercial flights. She boarded, alone and content.

To: Derek

Derek
How was your flight?

→ Fine. Plane didn't crash lol

Derek
Unfortunately.

→ >:(

⚕⚕⚕

wc; a measly 854

⚕⚕⚕

a small chapter yes, but it's just a transition. angie will be in baltimore soon, and thus some insight into her life before seattle

ever yours,

ellie x