vi

⚕⚕⚕

BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, USA
December 26, 2008

" Return to Seattle "

⚕⚕⚕

Christmas had gone well. After getting help wrapping presents from Nova, Angelina was at the extraordinarily large townhome on the outskirts of the Baltimore metropolitan area.

She carried a bag slung on her shoulder, clearly containing boxes. Taking a deep breath, she walked up to the steps, ringing the doorbell. Shuffling was heard, before the door was flown open.

"Angelina!"

Angelina smiled. "Hey Dana."

"How're you, dear?"

"Good, good. I just came to drop off some presents. The patterned ones are for David, and the rest are for you and Tom," she said, subtly motioning to the bag.

Dana furrowed her eyebrows. "Angelina, that's a lot."

"Well, I suppose so, but I wanted to make up for being gone almost a year. Besides, they're mostly for David, and you can save some for his birthday in a few weeks. Ten's a big number."

"That's sweet of you, dear." Her smile turned to a frown as she saw Angelina shivering in the snow, wearing only a thin coat and scarf. "You should come in. You're freezing."

"No, no, it's fine. I should get going anyways."

"Nonsense. Stay for a bit, we'll catch up."

"I— I guess I can spare an hour or so."

"Great! I've got some tea heating now, and I'm sure David and Tom would love to see you."

"That sounds lovely," she replied, "But Tom, probably not so much."

Flying commercial as an impatient person was not a good idea. Flying commercial at a busy airport was not a good idea. Flying commercial during the holidays was not a good idea.

Flying commercial as an impatient person at a busy airport during the holidays was a horrible idea.

But here Angelina Engelli was, at the BWI airport, an impatient person, at a busy airport, during the holidays.

Usually, she loved this. A bustling atmosphere, crowds of people doing their own thing. Maybe she would have stopped at the airport Dunkin Donuts and got a coffee and a sustainable breakfast. Alas, she hadn't slept in seventy two hours, and was itching to cut down on her paperwork.

It could have all been avoided. If only she weren't a good person and sent her pilot away for Christmas; then she'd be on her way back to Seattle in a peaceful manner, on her private jet. Unfortunately, she was a good person, thus she suffered.

Clutching her ticket and luggage, she carried on to the terminal eager to escape the current hellhole.

She had fallen asleep, paper and glasses knocked askew. Her plane ticket, as expected, was the highest level of first class, practically an entire room all to herself. So, she slept, content.

Flying somewhere over Minnesota, Angelina woke up. Her neck was stiff, and her throat was dry.

Nevertheless, she continued with her working, occasionally stopping to snack on plane peanuts.

By Montana, the stack of paper she needed to complete was cut in half.

Over Idaho, it was finally done.

Relaxing back into her very large chair, and stretching her legs out into the very large amount of leg room, the flight attendants offered dinner. She accepted.There was an advantage with flying commercial airlines. On her own jet, she was left completely alone. Of course she enjoyed her solitude, but flying a consecutive ten hours had its effects.  Now, at least she had some conversations.

Dinner was brought soon after ordering. Eating on a plane in first class, with fine cutlery, and a staring out the window at the amazing Washington skylights was an amazing thing.

The views no matter where she went, Angelina had decided they, in their own way, had a quality of great allure.

And it was because of this, she deemed planes as the best mode of transportation.

⚕⚕⚕

wc; 619

⚕⚕⚕

heyyy

so here we have another baltimore short, or as i like to call them, BS

but we're back in seattle very soon :)

like next chapter soon

ever yours,

ellie x