Chapter 20-Can I Ask Where You Got This Photo?

Samira's POV

We found out the name of the little town that Eden was last known to have lived in, so we decided to travel there to see if we could track her down. We didn't see a lot of information on the internet when we typed in her name. She may have gotten married or changed her name who knows? We really need to go do this in person because you can't call some stranger and ask random questions like this. She would think we are crazy and hang up on us. We only hope we can convince her to talk to us and help us by giving us information. It's close to 180 miles to Memphis from our little town so it will be about a 3 hour drive. I decide to make the best of our time and get to know Jared better. I already know a lot about him but I still have a lot to learn. Since we will be in the car together for a while he can't avoid me either, even when I ask questions he may not want to answer.

There is some dead silence between us for several minutes. I decide to try to question him.

"Did you have many girlfriends growing up?" I ask him. He chuckles at that question and smirks at me.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He responds.

Ass.

"Really Jared I was just trying to found out more info about you. I feel like I do a lot of the talking and sharing and you are a closed book sometimes. I want to know what the big, bad alpha thinks about." I tease him using a little bit of seductive voice.

He gives me a look that is full of lust. That's hot.

He snaps himself out of it as he realizes he is driving still and answers, "I am just thinking about getting some answers to our questions."

That was a vague reply. Ugh. I sigh in frustration.

"If you must know, I had one girlfriend in high school. I knew she wasn't my mate but I was young and my hormones were ranging so I had to have someone to preoccupy my time." He finally answers my question.

At least we are getting somewhere.

"Was she your first?" I ask.

"Yes she was my first real girlfriend." He responds.

"No. I meant was she the first girl you ever had sex with?" I ask bluntly.

My question must have made him uncomfortable because he jerks his head my way quickly and swerves a bit in his lane.

"Oh no, we aren't having this conversation." He responds.

"Why not? I mean sooner or later we need to be honest with each other and get all the background info out there." I say in defense.

"I mean it's not a big deal. I know you aren't a virgin and it's ok. I just want to know about you. I will tell you who my first was, if you tell me yours." I continue.

I suddenly am slammed forward as Jared hits the brakes hard and takes an exit off the highway. He pulls off the main road and into an emergency stop area. It happens so quickly that I can't even process it and before I know it Jared is out of the car and whips my door open. I get out to see what is the matter with him and I am quickly picked up and slung over his shoulder while he carries me off into the woods a little ways before he drops me down quickly and cages me in as he leans me up against a tree.

"What the hell did you just say to me?" He asks through gritted teeth.

Yikes. An angry alpha. What did I say?

"Umm...I just thought we could share stories about our first times. How stupid and awkward I am sure they were for both of us." I try to chuckle a bit to lighten the tension but it doesn't help.

Jared leans dangerously close to my face.

"Let's get one thing straight. You are my mate. The one person I have longed for my entire life. My everything. I know you don't like the whole possessive thing but that's all part of being a werewolf. I am yours and you are mine and no one can take that from us." He declares.

He then crashed his lips against mine in a very urgent kiss. He kisses me like his life depends on it. He lightly nibbles my bottom lip and as I open my mouth wider his tongue invades my mouth. He then trails kisses down my neck sucking and nibbling as he goes along. He stops in one area and it feels absolutely amazing. I almost feel like I could have an orgasm and he hasn't even touched me down there yet. Suddenly he stops and looks deep into my eyes.

"I have to stop before I fuck you up against this tree and mark you and make you mine forever." He says as his eyes roam my face.

He looks at me with so much love and desire. It's intense. I feel weak from our contact. That was such a turn on.

"Can we just not have this conversation right now? I don't even want to know anything about any of your past boyfriends/relationships because I may just go on a manhunt and killing spree afterwards to see whose dick I need to cut off and feed it to them." He says seriously.

I know he isn't joking in the least bit.

"Ok." I reply simply. He takes my hand in his and pulls me back to the car. We get inside and continue our drive listening to music and singing along the way.

We pull into the small town called Silver Sky. It's quaint and has a very cute town square. We decide to try to find out info about Eden by sharing an old pic Jared's mom gave to us of Eden, her boyfriend, and Jared's parents with some people within some of these small businesses in the town in hopes that someone might recognize Eden and tell us where she is.

We spend half the day going in and out of the shops and stores with no luck. We decide to take a break and grab a bite to eat in a little diner up the road. We sit there trying to discuss and figure out a plan of what our next move will be when the waitress approaches us asking if we are ready to order. We order our food and just when she is about to walk away she notices the picture of Jared's parents and Eden laying on the table.

"Can I ask you where you got this photo?" She looks at me curiously.

"Yes. We are actually looking for this lady in the photo." I say pointing to Eden.

"Do you know who she is?" I ask.

"Well, yes I definitely do." She says. "She's my mother."