Chapter 24-The Moon Goddess Must Hate Me

Jared's POV

After returning home last night, I just wanted to go in Samira's room and sleep next to her to make sure she was safe but I was trying to give her some space. Yesterday was information overload and she needed time to process. Plus, I think this whole mate bond thing may be freaking her out. She's new to all this and let's face it the mate bond shit is real. Never have I felt this way. I can't wait to see her this evening. It's so hard for me to be away from her at all.

I head into work and I dive right into things to distract myself from my thoughts. After a few hours, I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in." I say firmly. One of my deputies walks in and a very intoxicating smell follows behind him.

Samira? I think to myself. No this isn't her smell. It's different. But it smells very good. I look up from my desk to meet a pair of intense brown eyes. My breath catches. Oh no. Not now. This can't be happening. She looks back at me with a very serious look on her face. You can tell she is fighting some type of internal dilemma. She is definitely a werewolf. But of course that's all we hire around here. She's absolutely beautiful. Tanned skin, well-built, and very chesty. She's hot as hell. Damnit, what am I saying. Samira. What about Samira? My mind is reeling with confusing thoughts for a few moments before my deputy interrupts them.

"Chief, this is Paige. She's our new trainee. She was transferred here from Nashville area. Too many humans, they couldn't handle her." He chuckles.

We both glare at him.

"Wow, tough room. Well I will leave you two alone to chat and I will let the chief tell you how things are run around here." He says to her as he turns to leave.

As soon as the door is shut, she runs into my arms like we had known each other a lifetime.

"My mate. " she says. "Finally. It's been so long I thought I would never find you. And here you are. A cop like me." She says as she checks me out.

"And fucking hot as hell too." I kinda smirk at that comment.

She then leans in and places a very deep kiss on my lips. It starts out slow but soon she has her arms wrapped around me and presses her breasts tightly against my body. She fondles my ass and traces the lines of my defined muscles. Her touch is turning me on. I get drunk on the feeling of her. I wonder how good it would feel to have her naked and pressed up against me like this? She begins to kiss my neck, sucking and nibbling as she goes.

"I didn't want to come here. I told my last chief that but he was a shovenistic asshole that couldn't handle a girl cop being faster and tougher than any other guy in the office." She says with a proud smirk.

Fuck me. She then devours my mouth again and before I know what I am doing, I grab her legs as she jumps in my arms and I carry her over to my couch in my office as we continue to make out. I sit down with her on my lap as she straddles my waist. She grinds up against my manhood and it excites me to know end. I grab her ass, her breasts, anything I can get my hands on as we make out intensely. She feels amazing.

"Oh baby yes." She pants as I caress her and suck on her neck.

All of the sudden I hear my office door slam open and it brings us both out of our trance as we stop what we are doing and look over to the doorway. It is then that my heart feels like it shatters in my chest. Because staring back at me, was my other beautiful mate with a look of horror on her face and tear-filled eyes. Fuck. This is not good.

"Samira." is all I manage to get out before she begins screaming at me.

"Damnit Jared when I said you need to really explore your feelings with your other mate, that didn't mean to practice by feeling up some other floosie while you wait to meet her!!" She yells.

"Jared?! Who the fuck is this?" Paige begins to yell back.

Oh fuck this isn't good. I didn't want things to go this way. Damnit this sucks.

"Look, everyone please calm down." Is all I manage to get out before they both are screaming in each other's faces to the point where I can't even make out what anyone is saying anymore. I have to stop this.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs my voice laced with my alpha authority.

They both stop and look at me with shock and fear in their eyes. But Samira has one more look in her eyes, that Paige hasn't known me long enough to have. Hurt. This mate bond is going to be the death of me. The moon goddess must hate me. I know because right now I hate myself.