(2)

The shutters were torn open suddenly.

"HA! Hmm... Well, I guess Pascal's not hiding out here..."

The chameleon snickers as Rapunzel feigns turning to leave, but a tendril of blonde hair reaches around his tail, yanking him into the air. The flower pattern he had blended into faded from his skin.

"Gotcha! That's twenty-two for me. How about twenty-three out of forty-five?" Pascal frowns, annoyed at her proficiency. "Okay, well, what do you want to do?" She sits on the window ledge, and he motions to the outside, where her mother and sister are probably making their way towards the tower. "Yeah, I don't think so," she says. "I like it in here and so do you."

The small animal taunts her, sticking out his tongue.

"Come on Pascal, it's not so bad in there." She goes back inside, and uses her hair to open the skylight latch.

Seven AM, the usual morning lineup,

Start on the chores and sweep 'til the floor's all clean.

Polish and wax, do laundry and mop and shine up.

Sweep again, and by then, it's like, 7:15,

And so I'll read a book, or maybe two or three;

I'll add a few new paintings to my gallery.

I'll play guitar and knit and cook and basically

Just wonder: when will my life begin?

Then after lunch, it's puzzles and darts and baking.

Papier-mâché, a bit of ballet and chess,

Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making.

Then I'll stretch, maybe sketch,

Take a climb, sew a dress.

And I'll reread the books if I have time to spare.

Paint the walls some more, I'm sure there's room somewhere.

And then I'll brush, and brush, and brush, and brush my hair,

Stuck in the same place I've always been.

And I'll keep wondering, and wondering, and wondering, and wondering:

When will my life begin?

Rapunzel approaches her window, looking up to the sky.

"Tomorrow night, the lights will appear,

Just like they do on my birthday each year." She looks back yearningly to her new painting of the lanterns.

"What is it like out there where they glow?

Now that I'm older, Mother might just let me go."

[flynn rider]

He slid down the shingles daringly, landing on a tower with the twins following closely. They jump from one chimney to the next, climbing across roof after roof. Flynn leans on the angled side, getting a full view of the kingdom.

"Wow! I could get used to a view like this." He looks out, smiling.

"Rider! Come on!" One of the twins whispers angrily, standing over the trapdoor with rope at the ready.

"Hold on. Yep, I'm used to it." Rider put his hands on his hips. "Guys, I want a castle."

"We do this job, you can buy your own castle." He yanks Flynn backwards and ties the rope around his waist. The twins lower the brunette through the skylight mission-impossible-style, hovering above the crown silently. Breaking the silence, one of the guards sneeze.