The Partners

Later in the evening.

Everyone was having dinner like usual, Wilhelmina was sitting in her seat; beside Harry. He had apologized for not supporting her and for leaving her side, but she just giggled and told him that it was fine, and she had already forgotten it, and he should too. She told them that she had something to tell them after the dinner.
Everyone was anxious to hear it and hence finished their dinner as quickly as possible, even Ron who usually took 4th helpings, today just finished what was served and declared that he's done.

Everyone's eyes rested on Wilhelmina as she stood in front of them, she felt a bit nervous under their gazes but quickly covered it up with a winsome smile.
"Sooooooooooo" she dragged, when she felt a sudden desire to tease them as she saw the impatience in their eyes.
"Sooooooooooo", Harry imitated with irritation. He looked like he wanted to leap out from his chair and force the words out of Wilhelmina. This made her smile at her friend's childlike impatience.
"Aww Hadrian, patience is a virtue" she pouted with a twinkle in her eyes.
"A virtue that I don't have much regard for" he replied, with bouncing a leg. She narrowed her eyes and stared blankly at him, he refused to back down and stared back with the same look. It was a common occurrence for them to behave in this way and usually others just ignored it, after a minute of silence, everyone's patience seemed to have reached its boundaries.

After a few 'come one' and whines from everyone, Wilhelmina cleared her throat and looked away.

"So, I have decided that I will not deprive you all of my glorious presence and charming company." She spoke, everyone's faces were baffled, seeing this she further explained it.
"I thought about it, then I realized that you guys can't even manage a month without me. Well Harold can't manage for a day without me. It's a high risk, a week without me, and he might get slaughtered by a professor, get swallowed by a snake, kidnapped by a prisoner. Chased by dragons, mermaids or girls; tortured by a psychotic bitch, or hunted by a creepy noseless man.
And not to mention the dearest sister of mine, she shall go crazy if she doesn't have me, to drag her away from books and library.

Anyway, so to conclude it all, you all have been an amazing family to me, and therefore you shall be rewarded with my dazzling, magnificent, thrilling, sensational, stunning, grand, amazing, magical, self, for the rest of your lives." She said panting slightly. She looked up to see everyone smiling brightly, she shrugged and asked "So a group hug ?"

She was suddenly squished in a tight hug, she tried speaking, but it was impossible. She used every ounce of strength to push them away. Finally, when she was free, she ran to the other end of the room. When she had put a safe distance between herself and the group, she looked up to see them grinning widely. She grunted and panted, finally when her breathing was back to normal, she spoke "I asked for a group hug, not a dog pile. I would have died, tomorrow's paper would have printed on the first page 'A gift to humanity, killed by her idiot family'."

They all giggled at her dramatics. Hermione however looked concerned.
"But Wil, what about your freedom ? Are you sure about this ? It's for life. And I don't want you to be miserable for your entire life." She spoke with a frown. With this all the smiles died.
"Hermy, I have thought about this, don't worry, I am sure of it and this is what I am choosing." Wilhelmina replied with a reassuring smile. Her assurance caused everyone to sigh in relief.
"The letters are still waiting to be opened" interjected Ron.

The twins looked at each other, communicating silently. Nodding simultaneously, they went to the dining table where the letters laid waiting to be opened. The others followed them hurriedly.
Hermione's hands shook slightly as she tore the seal, nobody but Ron noticed this. He moved to stand beside her and gave her shoulder a squeeze, accompanied by a smile that held comfort and assurance. His eyes spoke for him, 'No matter what, I will always be there for you' they said. Hermione understood it and conveyed back 'I will be fine, because I have you'.

The Marriage Lawजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें