Wedding

Hermione and Wilhelmina were sitting on the roof huddled together, Hermione gently stroked her twin's hair whose head was resting on her shoulder. Wilhelmina's hand was around Hermione's waist keeping her close.

"I am scared" Hermione spoke in a gentle vulnerable voice.

"I understand, but just know that tomorrow is just a new beginning. Mione, I promise you, that no matter what happens, no matter how many times we fight, even if take different paths of life, even there comes a day where you don't want me anymore, still, I will never leave. I will plant myself like a tree and refuse to move away from your life. I will always be there right beside you." Wilhelmina spoke with the same gentleness.

Hermione's eyes moistened at this.
"I genuinely regret speaking to you the way I have over the past few weeks. I am sorry Wil, I can't imagine what I would have done if I didn't have you."
"Mione, you really don't have to apologise. I am your sister, I know you better than anyone else. I knew that you didn't mean any of those things, we are family, we might fight like dogs but in the end, we can die for each other."
Hermione smiled at that.

"Do you think tomorrow everything will go smoothly?" Hermione asked.
"Obviously duh, I have planned it. Tomorrow you will be the most beautiful bride and with everyone by your side, you will begin a new chapter. I have a feeling that though this is an unexpected chapter, it might just end up being one of the most memorable ones." Wilhelmina answered.

"Are you and Remus okay ?" Wilhelmina asked.
"Yeah, I think so. He has been quite assuring, we have agreed to respect each other's boundaries and he has been trying to make me comfortable. Overall it has been better than what I had imagined." Hermione spoke with honesty.
Remus had managed to ease her worries and so far he has been understanding and helpful. Everything was just as unfamiliar to him as it was to her and they have had talked about their expectations and fears. It had definitely been helpful.

"I am glad that you both are on the same page then"
"Yeah me too, I have a question though, why were you so against me being married to Mclaggen ?."
Wilhelmina suddenly stiffened at this and sat up straight. She looked straight into Hermione's eyes.
"Why do you ask ?"
"No reason, I was just curious."
Wilhelmina relaxed a bit.
"Well I just don't like him and I couldn't tolerate the thought of him being my brother in law. He is just 'meh'."
"Wil, you went to Yule ball with him. Why did you go if you thought he was 'meh' ".
"I was young and stupid Mione. Please just drop it and never bring this up ever again." Wilhelmina spoke with a grave and dark tone, Hermione couldn't do anything except nod.

Just then they felt another presence on the roof. When the girls turned they saw Remus standing there a little bit awkwardly.
"Remy, wassup ?"
"I just wanted to talk to Hermione"
Wilhelmina's eyes glinted at this.
"God Remus, so impatient huh? You are practically marrying her tomorrow, then you literally have a lifetime to talk." Wilhelmina teased.
Remus scratched his neck with embarrassment.
"WIL" Hermione gave her a stern look.
"What?! You guys are not even married yet, already siding with him Mione?!"
"WIL" Hermione looked embarrassed and blushed a little.
Wilhelmina threw her hands in the air.
"Fine I am going, but nothing naughty alright, you can do that plenty tomorrow night."
"WILHELMINA VICTORIA GRANGER" Hermione took off her shoe and threw it towards her sister, but she had already run away.

"I am sorry for that, she is an idiot". Both of them couldn't look at each other due to the awkwardness and embarrassment.
"Yeah, it's fine. I just had to check on how you are doing?"
"Just nervous" She replied.
He nodded his head at that.
"Just know that you don't have to be afraid of anything, I won't do anything that you don't want to," He said with sincerity. He really needed her to understand that she didn't have to fear anything happening to her by his hands.
"I know this Remus" she grabbed his hand, an action which surprised them both.
"I trust you and that's probably the reason why I haven't run away yet or haven't broken down into tears." She gave him an assuring smile.