Rock Climbing

*** "𝕌𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕥𝕪~!" ***

Ochako thought they were all going to do the quests together, but since they split up for the roller coaster quest, they hadn't run into the other 'teams'-- after all, there were seven roller coasters and five different takoyaki stands. But there was only one rock climbing wall, which meant they were all going to meet up again! That put a little bounce in her step.

(Of course she wanted to see Deku. She always wanted to see Deku. But she also wanted to see everybody else, because they were all great. Plus, Ochako wanted to learn more about that Shinsou guy!)

"Ribbit, Ochako-chan," Tsu said. "What do you think the special prize is going to be?"

"Hmmm." Ochako put her finger against her chin, a habit she had picked up by spending so much time with Tsu. "I don't know. Maybe it's gonna be something cheap that you can buy online for two bucks!"

"You heard that from Bakugou, didn't you?"

"Yeah . . . maybe."

Bakugou thought the idea of them going to the amusement park was stupid. He told them a lot of things that weren't very nice, including that it was 'for kids' and the thing about the prizes.

"I think it'll be something that's worth our time," Tsu said. "Or maybe we'll win more Questland tickets, and it'll just be a gimmick for people to come back."

"Aww, I hope not! I want it to be something really cool," Ochako said. "Maybe . . . ooh! What if it's a cash prize?"

Tsu opened her mouth to respond, but then Ochako pointed in front of them. "Oh, oh! We're here! And there's most of the others! Hiiii!"

Three of the four other teams were standing there waiting for them; Shinsou and Deku, Togata and Kirishima, and Jirou and Kaminari.

"Hey, Tsu! Hey, Uraraka!" Kaminari said as they walked up. "Who's on the last team again?"

"Nejire and Tamaki," Togata said.

"Well, I guess we'll wai--"

"Hey, hey! Here we are! Here we are!" Hadou waved as the two of them walked up, hand in hand. Amajiki looked as red as the quest envelope Ochako was holding. "He didn't feel like going, so he was walking really slow," Hadou explained. "So I had to hurry him up a little, y'know? Right?"

"S-sorry we're late," Amajiki muttered, looking around for a wall to hide against and finally settling on the rock-climbing wall itself.

"Oh, Tamaki! You're so silly," Hadou said, lightly slapping him on the back of the head.

"Stop."

"Okay, well, um," Ochako said, "Let's do this!"

"Are you guys ready?" asked a guy in a Questland uniform. "I'll get y'all hooked up. Who wants to get set up first?"

"Amajiki will," Hadou said, pushing him forward, to which he promptly pulled her hands off of his shoulders and walked away.

"Okay, then I will," Hadou said with a shrug.

After she got hooked up to the harness, the Questland worker said, "Alright, so there are some things I have to let y'all know before we start. When you reach the top, you can look for a special quest that's worth an undisclosed amount of points. Of course, that means you'll have to complete some challenges up there. There's only one special quest paper, so try your hardest to find it!"

"Is that all?" Shinsou asked. Ochako could see the competitiveness glinting in his eyes.

"I think so," Questland-guy said. "Have fun and be safe! And don't try so hard at getting up there quickly that you bang into anyone."

"We won't," almost all of them said. Probably not Amajiki. He was too busy staring at the rock climbing wall.

"Alright, I'll get y'all hooked up now!"

Ochako bounced on her toes. She was so excited!

*** "𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣." ***

Hitoshi climbed as fast as he could without banging into anyone, like the Questland worker had advised. He wanted to get up there first and find the special quest, because he wanted to prove that he could be just as skilled as Class 1-A, or maybe even just a little bit better. Not in a Monoma-esque way, but more like a . . . a Hitoshi-esque way.

He hoped he wouldn't have to come into contact with Midoriya again. He had been really awkward and nervous for the roller coaster quest, and it had just been annoying.

As they got farther up, there were some more obstacles-- spikes all over the walls and colorful flashes aiming to distract. The spikes likely weren't very sharp, considering this was a family amusement park, but he wasn't about to find out.

"Hey, ShinHito!"

Ugh. Kaminari. Hitoshi wasn't going to succumb to that distraction either. Even a second and he could fall behind. He could tell from the sound to his left that somebody was getting close to him. Probably Midoriya. Although he seemed timid and jumpy, Hitoshi had to admit Midoriya was strong.

Stronger than me, of course. . . .

Hitoshi was going to make it into the hero course. But he would still be behind when he got there.

"ShinHitoooo!"

What was with that dumb nickname? It didn't make any sense. Everyone was supposed to refer to their classmates by their last names, unless they were close friends, like Amajiki, Hadou, and Togata. And last time Hitoshi checked, he and Kaminari weren't close friends.

"Why won't you answer me? Hi!"

"Call me Shinsou," Hitoshi called back without moving his eyes. He was focused on the top, and the top was getting closer and closer. He could practically feel the special quest envelope in his hands.

And then at least, he reached it. Hitoshi grabbed the ledge of the cliff and pulled himself on top. Only then could he look down for a split second-- indeed, Midoriya was in the lead, and almost there, followed by Asui and Kaminari.

Hitoshi felt a little thrill at being the first one up there. He immediately started searching for the envelope, but he realized it wouldn't be as easy as he originally thought. It was a complete obstacle course up there, with swinging punching bags and a zipline over a pit of spikes.

Hitoshi got through most of the course easily, but a bit slower than he would've liked because he was keeping an eye out for the special quest envelope.

Everybody was catching up to him now, and it was unnerving. Wait-- was that it?

As Hitoshi was ziplining over the pit of spikes, he saw it. The envelope!

He swung himself over to the side and tried to use his feet to pick it up-- and he got it.

Triumphantly, he hopped off of the zipline at the end and held up the envelope. "I have it!"

"Hey, congrats, HitoShin!'

HitoShin? A new nickname?

As Hitoshi opened the envelope, he had to admit to himself that HitoShin didn't sound that bad compared to ShinHito. "Thanks."