Suspicions

~ "𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕒 𝕓𝕖 𝕒 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕠, 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦?! 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕝𝕖𝕥'𝕤 𝕡𝕒𝕤𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕖𝕤𝕥!" ~

The quest after the haunted house one was to relax in a fancy tea place. Specifically, the 'Fancy Tea Restaurant.' Last time Kyouka checked, you didn't call a cafe a restaurant, but this whole place-- and day-- was weird.

She wondered why Kaminari had chosen to go with Shinsou instead of her, since they'd been partnered up the whole day. When she thought about it for a while, she realized that Kaminari had probably just gotten bored and wanted to spend some time with one of his other friends. And it was true that Shinsou seemed to light up a bit when he was with Kaminari. So why was she feeling jealous? It wasn't like they weren't still friends.

As they kept walking to the Fancy Tea Restaurant, Shinsou's words kept playing in her mind. She had tried to pretend like she hadn't heard them, for her and Kaminari's sake, but . . . did it appear to others that Kaminari had a crush on her? Was that what Shinsou really thought?

Or worse, did he think she had a crush on him? Gross.

It was a dumb speculation. Kaminari was just a funny, energetic guy, which was why they were kind of close. Kyouka didn't want, and couldn't imagine, them being more than friends.

They arrived at the cafe and walked inside. Kyouka ordered some tea and enjoyed the peaceful music as they waited for Kaminari and Shinsou to show up.

And waited.

Aaaaaaand waited.

~ "𝕀𝕗 𝕀 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕒𝕔𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕨...𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕠, 𝕀'𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕒 𝕞𝕒𝕟!" ~

Eijirou had been waiting for so long that everyone else got bored of talking to him, so he started imagining what he would get everyone for their birthdays, no matter how far away their birthdays were. He was trying to decide between getting Mina a bunny or borrowing some money from Yaomomo and buying her a miniature pony, when Tsu said, "It's been a really long time, ribbit. I thought Shinsou-chan and Kaminari-chan would've been here by now."

"Yeah, it does seem weird, doesn't it? We've been wasting the day away in here. Should we just keep going with the quests? Do you think so?" Hadou asked. "I mean, there's only a few more hours until the park closes. I wanna spend them wisely and get the big prize!"

"I don't know," Eijirou said. "I don't want to let them down, but at the same time I agree with you. Should we text them and let them know?"

"I'll text and ask if they're on their way and if they're fine with us continuing the quests," Jirou volunteered. She tapped away on her phone, and a few moments later, shook her head. "I'm not getting any response."

"Maybe they're too busy with their quest to answer," Togata said, being the optimist he was.

"Shinsou checks his phone. A lot," Jirou reminded him. "So does Kaminari. I mean, he's a human phone charger."

"So maybe their phones died!"

"Unlikely."

"M-maybe they're trapped somewhere," Amajiki said quietly. "Or . . . or maybe they're . . . injured."

"Aww, c'mon," Eijirou said. "Again with the negativity, Amajiki! It's an amusement park. Where would they get trapped? Or injured! That would be totally unmanly."