HitoShin!

*** "𝕊𝕖𝕖 𝕚𝕗 𝕀 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕡𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟!" ***

HitoShin, HitoShin, Denki singsonged in his mind gleefully. He was super proud of the new nickname for Shinsou, and the best part was that HitoShin even seemed to like it a little.

However, HitoShin was frustrating him at the moment, because he refused to show Denki the secret quest envelope. "So are you just gonna do it by yourself?" Denki asked. "'Cause that doesn't sound like fun."

"Yes."

"'Yes' as in it does sound like fun, or you're going to do it by yourself?"

"Both of those," HitoShin said as they walked down the stairs from the top of the cliff. "Besides, all of you have other quests to get to. I'm going to do this one on my own."

Denki debated on pouting or making a quick, unexpected snatch for the envelope. He decided on the latter, but HitoShin's reflexes were too good, and he held it out of reach.

"You're not going to look at this."

"Why not?"

"Why don't you just go hang out with your crush?"

Denki stopped short. "Hold on, who? Ochako? Tsu? Hadou? It'd be weird if it was Hadou 'cause she's too ol--"

HitoShin stared at Denki like he was jumping up and down and screaming, "POTATOES!" "What are you talking about? Jirou."

Jirou? They were friends, but Denki definitely didn't have a crush on her! That would be weird, right?

Plus, Jirou was hanging out with Kirishima at the bottom of the stairs. They were clearly going to be partners for the next quest. Denki was glad she hadn't heard HitoShin's crazy comment.

Denki linked arms with his friend. "C'mon, HitoShin! Let's go on the special quest!"

HitoShin sighed heavily, but he didn't pull away. "Kaminari, I already told you I'm doing this alone. And . . . maybe you could just call me Shinsou?"
"But Shinsou's so boring."

"Thanks."
"Sorry! What I'm tryna say here is, 'Shinsou' could be referring to any of your family members. 'HitoShin' sets you apart, because your dad's probably not named Hitoshi, right?"

"No--"

"HitoShin it is, then!"

The purple-haired stick-in-the-mud sighed again. "Fine, you can come with me. But did you even look at your quest first? Maybe you'd want to do that one more."

Denki quickly pulled out the slip of paper. "Go up to the Haunted Mystery Cave. Sounds fun, and I'd love to do it with all my friends, but a secret quest sounds more exciting, you know, HitoShin?"

"Are you really just going to say 'HitoShin' in every sentence?"

"Of course, HitoShin."

"If you're not careful, I'm going to start calling you Zappy. Or Denks."

"Not gonna lie, both of those sound great."

"Okay then, Denks."

"Why do you keep putting so much emphasis on that word, HitoShin?"

"I don't know, Denks. Why do you keep calling me HitoShin?"

"Fine, Sh-shinsou." Denki felt a little bit deflated, because that sounded so boring compared to HitoShin.