Two

[Friday, September 8th 2017]

"No, Ni, I've got a class today and was gonna go over and visit my mum and the girls for dinner." Louis holds the phone under his chin as he puts his helmet on.

"But I got Zayn to come! And you know he's always cooped up painting and being with the boyfriend." Niall whines.

Louis sighs and zips his jacket up. "I'm sorry! I haven't seen my family since like last month. As much as they annoy me I've got to keep in touch, Ni." He and sits down on his motorcycle, starting it up. "I've got to go, I'll see you sometime tomorrow. Don't burn down the place while I'm off." He warns jokingly, laughing as Niall tells him to shut up before ending the call. He slips his phone into his jacket pocket, making sure to close it before looking both ways and taking off down the street.

❊ ❊ ❊ ❊

"Louis William, you get off of that thing around here! There are children in this neighborhood!" Jay scolds her son from the doorway.

Louis just grins at her. "I love you too, Mum!" He shouts, pulling into the driveway and leaning the bike on it's kickstand. He unclips his helmet, and hangs it by its straps on the handlebar before following his mum inside.

She gets back to rushing and worrying as soon as she's done hugging him. "Why couldn't you of driven your car here? Why that damn motorcycle, you're going to hurt yourself on that one day." She mutters, the same comment he gets every time she sees him on the bike. She's never had a liking for motorcycles from the start.

Louis takes a seat on the kitchen stool, snagging a cookie from the platter left out and munching on it when his mum gasps. "Shit, Louis, I need you to run over to the school and drop off Lottie's essay. She left it here." She points to the paper before rushing out of the house.

Although no ones there for him to really sass to, he sighs stubbornly, grumbling as he snatches his sister's essay from the dining room table and returning back outside.

❊ ❊ ❊ ❊

"Just sign your name on this and you're good to go." The older woman hands him the item. Louis gives a quiet thank you as he takes the sticker and writes his name on it before sticking it to his shirt.

"Good to see you again, trouble." She looks at him from over the glasses perched on her nose. Louis can't help but smile at that, and wave to her. He'd seen her quite a lot in the year he was at the school, and besides her age, that woman hadn't forgotten a thing. When Louis was in high school he had always gotten stirred into trouble. Just immature teenager things, whether he tried or not. However most things were him not being able to just sit still. With the amount of times he had ended up in that office due to being a smartass, they'd gotten to know each other.

Louis exits the office, trying to recall where exactly the Latin room is, the subject of Lottie's essay. He was only there for a year.

His patience doesn't last long, not being able to remember his way around. He texts his sister instead.

Louis: I have ur essay, where r u?

Lottie: Courtyard

Louis nods to himself and stuffs his phone back into his pocket. His eyes scan the hall and settle on a girl that looks nice enough to help him out. "Excuse me." He interrupts, standing in front of her and her friend, who's eyes noticeably rake up and down his body. "Do you know where the courtyard is?" He asks.

"Uh yea, right down that hallway to your left... Are you new here?" She asks.

He smiles awkwardly. "No, I'm not in high school. Just dropping somethin off." He offers a small nod before going off.

"Hallway to the left? When the fuck did they add all this?" He whispers to himself. "Or a fuckin courtyard." He shakes his head.

After finding the doors he enters the courtyard, examining how the colors of the garden look like a unicorn took a rainbow colored shit all over the place. The flowers are placed in a horrible fashion.

"Louis!"

He turns around, sighing in relief when it's just Lottie. "Here, don't forget it next time." He hands over the papers and gives her a playful hit on the arm before trotting back inside.

He would have left then and there, but a certain appearance of curly hair makes him stop. "Harry?" He asks, walking closer. The smaller boy turns around, and he's was glad that he assumed right.

Harry smiles sheepishly. "Hi, Louis." He hugs his books close to his chest. "What're you doing here?"

"Just came to drop something off to my sister. I didn't know you went to this school." Louis acknowledges.

"Well, I didn't know you would be here." Harry retorts with a smile on his face. "How old are you anyways? I didn't get to ask that one day, didn't want to be a bother."

"It's fine, Harry." Louis purses his lips to contain a smile. Because Harry's so obviously trying to flirt. It's the cutest thing. "I'm nineteen." He goes to say more, but frowns when he sees a teacher down the hallway. "Hey, I should get going, I'm only a visitor after all. But if you ever need help again with people in alley's you know where my place is, after all." Harry rolls his eyes with a grin, waving slightly as he walks off.

❊ ❊ ❊ ❊

"Who the hell were you talking to at my school?" Lottie asks, annoyance in her voice.

Louis furrows his eyebrows, picking around pieces of his food. "Harry? I don't know his last name. He's a Junior with you." He leans his elbows on the table.

Lottie almost chokes on her drink. "Styles? Harry Styles? Louis, first off you shouldn't even be talking to kids in my school because you're my brother and I don't want you to, and second, Harry may be a Junior but he's also like a total dork who, no offense, has like two friends. Why would you talk to him?" She asks.

"Because I ran into him once outside of your school, he seems nice." He defends.

The girl rolls her eyes. "No, I know he's nice but, Louis. He's just weird. He has like three gay rainbow pins on his bag." She snorts.

Louis gapes at her. "So? God forbid he supports or is gay, Lottie. I'm gay but you don't go and make fun of me when I wear a pride shirt, do you? There's no reason to make fun of this kid for possibly being gay. Just cause he's not like you doesn't make him a bad person." He snaps, and after a second he stands, his chair screeching as it pushes backwards. "I'm gonna head out." He grumbles, kissing his mum goodbye before walking out of the house.