Seven

unedited but I don't think there was much errors hopefully

-

[Saturday, December 2nd 2017]

The thing is, Harry really wants to go out with Louis. Like really wants to. So when Louis asks him if he wants to go to some little music festival one town over, Harry can't say no. He can't. And he knows it isn't exactly a date, but Louis is asking if he wants to go with him. Not Niall. Not one of his other friends. Just Harry. So it's a big deal.

His mum doesn't want him going at first. But then Robin points out how he's old enough and can take care of himself.

But at the moment Harry's currently freaking out. And not over his drivers test. because that's in February. He doesn't know what to wear and usually it isn't something that he fusses with, his clothes. But to him this is he and Louis' first date. Even though he knows that technically it isn't, he likes to think it is. Therefore, he can't look lazy or stupid.

Harry decides to call Sophia. She answers on the second ring, asking what's up and laughing when Harry told her his problem. "Just wear dark jeans and a cool tshirt. A lighter shirt than the jeans," she says, balancing her phone in between her ear and her shoulder, trying to do homework.

Harry gets changed, taking off his pajama pants and pulling on a pair of dark jeans, just like Sophia says. Except even though he has some input from his friend, he can't help but look up the festival. He isn't surprised when seeing pictures of people dressed a bit nicer than just jeans and a tshirt. Nothing fancy, but still. Which is why he stands in the middle of his room for what seemed like forever before thinking of something and burying himself in his closet and drawers.

Fifteen minutes and two outfits later, Harry puts on a white tshirt with a little design on it, and loops a brown belt in his jeans. He gets giddy when putting on a nice jacket. It's one that his aunt got him for Christmas that year, but he's never got around to actually wearing it.

Harry's mum walks down the hallway. When passing her son, she gives him a confused look, but he only looks at her with a blank face. "Going to the music festival with Louis." He tells her. "Dad said it was okay." He adds. His heart beats fast, worried she'd say he can't go. But she doesn't.

Instead she just nods, and purses her lips. "Just don't stay out late. Don't do drugs or drink or anything that's go-"

"Mum, I'm fine!" He sighs dramatically, "I'm not going to do drugs and Louis knows not to let me do anything illegal. He's responsible." He rolls his eyes the slightest bit.

Anne sighs, biting her lip with her arms crossed. She wears a look of worry across her face, but eventually nodds. "Okay. You better be right though. Call me if you need anything." She tells him.

Harry smiles wide and nods. "Thanks Mum," he says before scurrying into the bathroom. He takes a look at his face and hair. Thankfully, no zits or pimples have decided to ruin his life today. But he doesn't know what to do with his hair. He calls his mum back into the room. Everything has to be perfect. "Can you help me with my hair?" he asks shyly. "It's just a bit wild."

Anne smiles and opens the cabinet up top. She grabs a bottle of something, and sprays a bit into her palm. Then she sticks her one hand into Harry's hair and runs her fingers through it. Harry winces at the tugging. "You'll be wearin a hat, anyways." She wipes her hands on a hand towel. "Good enough? No more frizzies?" she asks.

Harry almost laughs at the phrase. He does his little hair flip, nodding to himself through the mirror.

He gasps when hearing someone knock on the door. He looks down at himself to see that he's ready, then sprints down the hall to his room to snatch his phone. "I got the door!" He shouts throughout the house, his feet pounding on the steps as he flies down. He just beats his step-dad to the door, and swings it open. "Hi." He grins, out of breath. He feels someone at his side, and chuckles embarrassedly when it's only Robin slipping some money into his pocket. "Thanks." He murmurs.