Summoning

Marcus Sato hails from a Japanese-American family. He was raised in Shinjuku city, Tokyo and after high school, he attended a prestigious university and got his degree in fine arts in game designing.

Due to his superb capabilities in-game designing field, many large companies have offered him jobs but he always has an unhealthy curiosity towards Dive games. So he applied to Z.E.R.O the company responsible for the creation of YGGDRASIL.

In a matter of few years, he soon was able to make it to the top with his skills and acquired the leading GM spot. Soon under his guidance and his team's determination, Yggdrasil was able to break through the boundaries of the gaming world and became so popular that their company was able to compete with the top dogs of the gaming industry.

But since Yggdrasil provides a flexible system to allow players to freely make choices. PK killing has become a huge problem, low-level and new players would ditch the game due to the cruelty of the other players and guilds alike, and due to these toxic peoples, the company slowly losing its popularity, and also making losses in the market.

So his boss stood up and screamed enough is enough, the boss gave his team a new order/task to create a new system or do something to stop this unnecessary pk, but it's not easy to create a new system as it will take months of careful designing and modifying to create a new system for such a big game.

So after lots of critical thinking, the team came with an easy simple idea, they choose to create an NPC who will be so powerful that it could bitch slap the last boss to death with a light tap of his palm, the reason they are making it so damn powerful because they don't want the NPC to get easily get hunted by join forces of several guilds.

After great mulling over for days they finally decide that this new NPC will be operated by, their leader, Marcus because as the leader he usually lends his hand when it's needed, so he has lots of time to spare & they knew their leader will carry out his responsibility with competence.

And thus his character, Samael the Dread Lord, an angel of the highest order, and Yggdrasil's most powerful character was born, his job is to hunt down all the toxic players, provide help to newbies, and was given permission to change a player race.

He really was liking this new job of his but, as always all good things must come to end. Through the years more advance and evolutionary games were being released & they pretty soon hogged all their players. Yggdrasil's popularity decreased massively and quickly the company started to lose a huge sum of money as the company has to provide funds from its own pocket to maintain the servers by lowering the salary of its employee

Due to this action, many members of his team left the company. This was the turning point for the company which lead it to ruins, as without a proper team, it's impossible to make changes in the games or even create a new development in it.

........................................................................

He didn't expect a player would show up just before the shutdown of his game. Furthermore, he was surprised when he saw Momomga log in history, he was deeply moved by the dedication of Momonga towards this game.

And that's why he granted Momonga a wish before the shutdown, in the future he might get into a problem due to his actions.

But Marcus doesn't fucking care, he already signed the resignation letter and planned to move to America to continue his prolonged medication for Lung Cancer. Even if Yggdrasil returns the new company can take care of the problem, and he is pretty sure by the time the game returns he will either die due to his illness or his will health regress to such a state that he will not be able to live without intense medical care.