Nine

When my mom pulled into the driveway I was to scared to get out of the car. I looked over to my mom waiting for her to turn the car around but she was giving me an encouraging smile.

"I'll be with you the whole unless you wanted me to leave." She tells me as she gets out of the car and I get out to follow her not wanting to he alone. "I told him about you and he wanted to meet you."

"When did you tell him about me?" I ask her trying to figure it out, she couldn't have done it when I was at Sams right?

"The other day when you were at School, I ditched work to talk to him and told him everything.. even about the mate bond." My mom says looking at me before we walk into the house.

"What did he say?" I look at her playing with the ends of my hair as I tried not to look nervous. Mom smilies at me with a blush.

"He wants to be apart of our lives if we let him, but it's up to you. I'm all happy from the mate bond but I already told you that I will put you first." My says sticking out her pinky for me to grab.

"I'm ready." I say as she opens the door and we see my dad sitting on the couch listening to our radio. When he hears the door his head shoots up in our direction with a huge smile. He gets up walking to us and catches me off guard when he pulls me into a hug.

"Your my daughter." He says and I could basically hear the smile on his face. I hug him back resting my head on his shoulder. This is all I ever wanted a real family with a mom and a dad.

"I'm Blair." I say as we pulled out of the hug and I stuck my hand out to introduce, he silently laughed at my gesture and shook my hand anyway.

"I'm Chris Dawson, but you can call me dad only if you want to." He says unsure and stuttering a little while ranting.

"Dad is fine." I reassure him as I look over to see my mom smiling at us and she gives me an apologetic look that I accept smiling back at her. "So you know that we are mermaids?"

"Yeah and I'm your moms mate, I'm not new to this whole supernatural stuff." He says giving me a wink and I give him a questionable look. "I'm a shapeshifter but from a different tribe, Navajo tribe. Your grandfather also my dad was the pack leader and when I was fifteen I turned having to leave your mom and when I was ready to see her again and I had everything under control she was gone.. when she came to see me the other day I imprinted on her." He says smiling at me and then at my mom while she blew him a kiss making me cringe.

"Wow, I was imprinted on to." I say casually shrugging my shoulders but not missing the face my dad makes and the load groan my mom lets out of anger.

"Don't remind me." She says shuffling over to the couch dragging me with her as we sit on the couch. "Why did my baby have to get imprinted on." She says pulling me into her embrace.

"Mom you heard what Billy said they can not control it." I say to her and see my dad nodding his head in agreement.

"She's right and he's her mate to Juliet, you knew this was going to happen." My dad says sitting next to my mom wrapping a protective arm around her, I give them a look and forget about the conversation we were having.

"Are you two like together now?" I ask pointing between the two of them.

"We waited sixteen years to be together, why wait." My mom says shrugging giving my dad a kiss and looked away grossed out not used to my mom having a boyfriend, if I think about she's never had a boyfriend or a boy in our house.

"Are you going to be living here? I'm used to it being just mom and I. I will get used to it don't worry." I say to them assuring them that I'm not mad, just nervous.

"Not yet, he might spend some nights so he can spend time with you and not have to worry about driving home but right now I don't want to rush anything on you." My mom says kissing my forehead "go to bed you have school."

"Good nights guys." I say heading to my room to bed.

"Night kid." I hear my dad say making me smile. This excited feeling that something good is finally happening makes me even more happy, I just can't believe I have a real family now.

-

"Wake up wake up." My mom whispers poking my cheek over and over again. I keep trying to slap her hand away but it was no use, she just kept poking.

"Whatt." I say sleepily, slowly opening my eyes seeing my mom looking at me closer then I thought causing me to jump and her to laugh. "Not funny, your crazy!" I say to her putting a hand over my chest.

"Not crazy just unique." She says shrugging then walking to the front of my bed throwing my covers off my body and grabbing my legs dragging me out of my bed. "You need to calm your dog down."

"If I'm correct don't you have a dog now to?" I ask raising an eyebrow as she drops my legs outside of my room so I can stand up. She smirked at me and giggled.

"Yeah but I have to tease you about something. Paul has been stopping by the house, well technically he is in his wolf form outside in the woods stalking you." My mom says going to the kitchen and shoving a waffle in her mouth.

"He knows we have a door right?" I ask her making us both laugh a little.

"I think he can sense there was another shapeshifter here so he probably went to tell Sam, your dad sure sensed him though almost attacked the kid." My mom says laughing at the memory of after I went to bed, Chris sensed another wolf and ran out of the house almost shifting but I was able to calm him down to avoid a fight with my daughter.

"This is so embarrassing." I say putting my head on the table when our front door open and someone said an airy hello. I bring my head up seeing my grandma and Cassie walk in.

"I hear the boy is back in your life." Grandma says giving my mom a half smile. My mother just glared at her.

"Mom I am happy, I worked so hard in my life and now I can finally be happy." My mom says causing my grandma to scoff at her response.

"You think your life was hard?" My grandmother asks as my mom nods her head. "You don't even know what hard is then."

"Your think my life wasn't hard? I was fifteen when I had a baby , my life was harder then you think." My mom says through her teeth and causing my grandma laugh.

"And what? I was sixteen when I had you and I'm not complaining, you just always want someone to feel bad for you. Ever since you were young you always wanted the attention and so you got pregnant and saw the perfect opportunity to run away and leave me heart broken, your selfish Juliet." My grandmother scolds and gives me a kiss on the head and leaves the house and drives away.

"That was tense." Cassie mumbles under her breathe knowing we were able to hear her "ready to go?"

"Yeah, bye mom see you later." I say grabbing my bag and going to Cassie's car. I tried not to think much about the argument the two older Walkers had but I just don't know what even brought it on. They haven't argued since the first time I met her.