Fourteen

I was standing outside of the Cullens residence with Cassie. We just looked at the huge house taking it all in even though we knew they were 'vegetarian' it still made us feel a little uneasy. We slowly walked up the steps but when we got to the door we didn't get a chance to knock when it was thrown open by a short girl with pixie hair.

"Hello it's so nice to meet you I'm Alice." She says pulling us into a group hug that we respectfully returned.

"I'm Blair and this Cassie." I say pointing between the two of us as her smile never left her face. She grabbed are hands dragging us inside.

"Everyone can't wait to meet you two since Bella mentioned you guy were able to help us." Alice says as we walked into a living room filled with a bunch beautiful people who should be on covers of magazines.

"Help you with what?" I ask confused, on the phone Bella told me the Cullens wanted to meet us and get to know each other which was odd but now I know that they wanted something, I tried to control my anger at the thought not wanting to seem rude. My question was ignored when a blonde women walked over to me smiling.

"I'm Rosalie, are you actually mermaids?" She asks with a huge smile on her face "can I see you in your mermaid form sometime?" She asks but she was pulled back a little by a tall muscular man.

"Sorry about her ever since she heard about you guys she won't shut about it, I'm Emmett by the way her husband." He says kissing the side of her head. Rosalie reminded me of Emily when it came to the mermaid stuff wanting to know more and they even had matching smiles when talking about it.

"I'm Jasper." A man with a southern accent said shaking our hands and smiling then backing away replacing his spot was a women and man who held hands and matching smiles.

"I'm Carlisle and this is my wife Esme." He says motioning between the two of them. The women pulled us into a bone crushing hug and it made me smile.

"It's so nice to meet you!" She says letting us go and smiling.

"It's nice meeting you all but what did Alice mean earlier when she said Bella said we could help you?" I ask noticing the glare Cassie sent Bella and hearing her thoughts angry that they might find out about my power now.

"There is a newborn army coming in a week, the pack already agreed with helping us and if you girl want we would like to ask for your guys help and join us in the training. To destroy the newborns." Carlisle says with a serious look and I look at Cassie you gave me a small nod.

"When do we begin training?" I ask and seeing them all instantly smile at us agreeing.

"Don't tell the pack yet, they won't be to happy about this." Cassie says and I nod my head at her statement.

"Don't worry we won't see them until we begin our training.. tomorrow." Jasper says looking at Alice smiling. Weird.

"Alright see you tomorrow then." I say about to turn around and walk out when Esme stops us.

"Are you guys hungry I could make you something." She says unsure and you could see the look on her face hoping we would say yes. I smile at her grabbing Cassie's wrist and nodding my head.

"Yes we would like that." I say seeing the smile on her face grow as she sped into the kitchen. Rosalie and Alice grabbed us and sat us down on the couch sitting on either side of us.

"What can you guys do?" Alice asks and then she notices how hesitant we were to answer her and she laughs a little "I can see the future I already know what they are."

"Oh really?" I ask challenging her not really caring anymore since the needed our help I don't think they would harm us, they seemed nice.

"Yup Cassie you can took water from the ground and plants able to use it to your convenience and you Blair have a rare gift, a mermaid but with fire instead of water.. your powerful." Alice says and I see everyone who was in the living room was looking at us.

"Yeah, I'm a big threat to vampires. My grandmother told me this story how vampires will hunt mermaids like me saying if you were to kill us then they get our power and strength, that goes for any mermaid to wanting there strength and beauty." I say rubbing my hands on my thighs from being nervous.

"So far both of your futures are bright but I can't see past the wolves so I can only see bits and pieces of it." Alice says smiling and I smile back.

"Can we see your tails?" Rosalie asks hopefully.

"Maybe another day it's a pain to dry off.. unless you have a bath tub." I say giving her a smirk giggling and Rosalies face brightened nodding her head as she stood up showing us the way with Cassie and I behind her.

We walked into a hug bathroom that had a square tub against the wall and she smiles at us.

"You don't have to if you don't want, I don't want to make you uncomfortable." She says to us and I just laugh a little.

"It's really nothing." Cassie says as she starts the water while we undress leaving our underwear and bras on stepping into the tub and sitting down quickly so we wouldn't fall. I felt the familiar tingles in my leg and most of the Cullens joined in the bathroom plus Bella who still hasn't seen our tails yet. Rosalie was sitting by the tub admiring our tails her eyes lingering on my black tail her eyebrows were pulled together in confusion.

"I thought mermaids tails were suppose to be bright and colorful?" She asks me and I know she wasn't trying to be rude since I asked the same question to my grandmother.

"It's because of my power, I think it's black as the night but my grandma corrected me saying it's as black as coal. So you know coal and fire." I say shrugging my shoulders hearing Esme yelling that the food was ready.

Emmett and Rosalie helped us out of the tub carrying us down with towels around us to dry as the sat us on the floor while Esme handed us our food. Our plate consisted of chicken, rice, and carrots which we immediately dug into.

"Wow you guys can eat." Emmett jokes and we just roll our eyes.

"Yeah since we first transformed we were able to eat a lot." I say not looking at my stomach since it was still small from that week I spent in my little depression state.

We finished eating and got dressed again when our legs finally appeared. We said our goodbyes and told them we would see them tomorrow as we go to our houses to wash the smell of vampires off us knowing we would be in trouble if the pack found out who would tell our parents.

They will be so mad tomorrow. I thought putting a smile on my face.