Chapter 3

I do not own anything.

Seeing those eyes brought many memories back. They were the ones I fell in love with, the very ones which I fought through hell for. The day that she died was the day a part of me also died.

-----

Flashback Start

It was two months before the final battle against the Black Dragon. Five months prior I had finally confessed my love to Aiz. It had taken a week to get a response, but once I did it felt like I was in heaven. Throughout those five months we spent as much time together as possible. We became closer to the point that almost never left each other's side. We were desperately in love until the incident.

The incident occurred on one of our joint familia's expeditions. It was a day no different than the others until we reached the uncharted land, Floor 92. The entire floor was a picture perfect duplicate of glacier paradise. Harsh winds blew against the adventurers making us glad that we brought equipment to keep us warm. It was estimated through scouts that floor 92 should house a Monster Rex that appears in the form of a snow golem. Using this information, we prepared ourselves for a long and difficult battle.

It was not until we were well into the floor when the Monster Rex appeared. It stood around thirty feet in height and carried a pair of axes that seemed to be made of ice shards. Taking command, Finn had the adventurers prepare themselves for battle. He sent the front lines to attack and distract the golem so that the mages could begin their spells.

Along the front lines stood most of the Loki familia, some other members of other familias (Hephaestus, Hestia, Hermes, etc...), and myself. Aiz and I partnered up while attacking the golem. Everything was going fine until the mages released their magic.

When the mages finished their chant, Finn ordered us to back off as we watched the golem be pelted by magic. Smoke covered the battlefield and cheers were heard. We all believed it was over until the smoke cleared. In the new clearing stood two golems. Both of them 25 feet tall and holding one of the two previous axes. And with a roar that shook the entire floor, the massacre began. With a seeming increase in power the golems went on a rampage killing many of the front lines. The first to go was Asfi al Andromenda and Ryuu Lion soon followed in an attempt to save Asfi. It took a few moments for the Finn to get a grip on the front lines. He ordered me to step back and began charging my ability with Aiz protecting me. Finn and the rest of the front lines began to provide a distraction with the mages providing minor cover fire.

Everything was fine for the first five minutes until the golems changed targets. As if sensing the magic charge, the two golems turned towards me and changed targets. They surged forwards knocking everyone out of their way as they headed towards me. Seeing them approach, Aiz leaped forward to provide a long enough distraction to allow me to achieve a full charge.

Aiz was able to maintain a steady barrage of attacks with the help of other adventurers. For a full minute she held them back and then they changed tactics. As if realizing what were to happen if I got my charge off, they surged forward together and knocked Aiz down. She desperately tried to get up but it was too late. The golem was half way through his swing when she realized her fate. She turned her head and faced me before whispering her last words.

"I love you"

I tried to run and save her. To give myself up for her safety. To use my magic to save her, but it was much to late. With a slash of its axe, Aiz Wallenstein was killed on Floor 92. And with a scream of rage I unleashed a wave of magic that completely obliterated the Golems and anything within 20 feet of them. Having sensed my intentions, Finn had ordered everyone to get away from the golems. Having escaped, the adventurers let out a sigh of relief that the battle had finally ended. Even though they managed to win the battle, no one was the same afterwards. After the events on Floor 92 I had gone into a depression in which I was so close to killing myself. Luckily I had my friends to talk me out of it. After some time I dedicated myself to the studies of time travel to find a way to go back and save everyone leading to my predicament now.