13

Chapter 13: Melon seed eating masses
When they returned home, Han Fexiu fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. She had received too much psychological simulation these past few days so her mind and body were exhausted.

When she woke up the next day and finished eating breakfast, she saw Ye Mingxin sitting on the couch with her head down while looking at her phone. The way she sat was always proper and elegant, even when relaxing on the couch. She was holding her phone about 30 centimeters from her chest and diligently scrolling through the screen, reading each word on the page.

Han Fexiu sat on the edge of the dining table and propped her chin on her hand as she observed Ye Mingxin. The more she looked at Ye Mingxin, the more charming she felt the scene before her was.

“Mommy I want to go to Jin Beibei! I want to play in the ball pit!”

Yiyi rushed into Ye Mingxin’s arms and ruined the charming atmosphere. The picturesque scenery quickly disappeared.

Ye Mingxin picked up her daughter who had almost fallen over, “We can’t go today, we have to take Mama to the hospital for a check-up. How about we go next week instead?”

What does check-up mean? Yiyi has no concept of it. For her, she simply had to follow the orders the adults gave her. Even if Ye Mingxin was to bring her to a nightclub, she would follow obediently and without objection.

Lan Zhu and Qi Yu also went to the hospital with them. They used the medical staff’s entrance and parked in their underground parking lot. Qi Yu originally wanted Ye Mingxin to wait in the car, but the woman refused. Ye Mingxin had given the hospital employees a heads-up before they arrived so they did not have to wait in a line or fill out any forms. Therefore, they were directly led into a private room without having to do anything.

The examination was done quickly and efficiently and soon a diagnosis was made. The doctor who carried out the examination was a famous neurologist known throughout the country. The diagnosis he gave was the same as the private hospital had given. He couldn’t find anything either and the most he could say was that Han Feixu was a little bit anemic.

Ye Mingxin could not understand this diagnosis, “How can a perfectly healthy person suddenly forget years’ worth of memories? How can you not find the cause for this?”

The old neurologist was also feeling rather vexed. He has practiced medicine for so many years and he has never seen such a situation before. Han Feixu aroused his fighting spirit and renewed his scientific curiosity. If it were not for her special status, he would have already set up a research group to analyze her condition.

Yiyi was sitting in Lan Zhu’s lap. She had been listening to the entire time and it took her a while before she was able to somewhat understand the words the doctor used.

She raised her head and looked at Han Feixu with a panicked expression, “Mama, you don’t remember me anymore?”

Hearing this question, Han Feixu turned to look at Ye Mingxin who paused before walking over and squatting in front of Yiyi, “It’s not that your Mama doesn’t remember you, in fact, how can she forget Yiyi? You’re her precious baby. What she doesn’t remember are the little things that have happened in the past and some other details. Yiyi, you must help your Mama remember, alright?”

Han Feixu felt her heart jump into her throat because Yiyi’s current expression looked like she was about to cry. But Yiyi’s expression relaxed after hearing Ye Mingxin’s words. To the little kid, as long as her mother remembers her, she doesn’t care about anything else.

A child’s world is both so innocent yet so cruel = =

She nodded furiously, “Mama, I will help you! I will help you defeat this disease!”