3.Dinner

December 16,2017.

"Hey, it's okay. " Leah said reassuringly as I ate breakfast quietly. Almost too quietly, it made her worried. I nodded at her "I know it's just, I can't help the feeling. I can get a call at any moment now from my agent. " I told her.

After breakfast, I started getting ready for work. Just then my phone ringed. It was Henry, my agent.

"Hey Emilia. You auditioned for a film . "

"Yeah Henry. Just tell me. "

"Well.. You got the part. "

"What? Oh my god really? " I almost screamed.

"Yeah you did. Congrats love. "

"Oh my god thank you so much. This is amazing!" 

"Yeah you deserve it love. I gave your number to them. You'll be getting a call soon. Take care. "

"Alright. Bye. " I hanged up.

I looked up at the doorway to see Leah looking at me. "So? " she asked.

"I got the part ! " I told her.

"Shit Emilia that's fucking amazing. You're gonna be a movie star! " she said and pulled me in for a hug. "Well we can't say that yet, but fuck it's my first role in a film. I'm almost going to cry. " I said.

"Babe you totally deserved it. You're so good and you've worked so hard. " she said.

"I mean.. yeah I guess. I've worked but I don't know if I'm going to be any good Leah. This is my first real project. What if it goes horribly wrong and I end up getting fired? " I said.

"Shut up that's not going to happen. You're beautiful and smart and talented and you work so hard I just know you're going to be an excellent actress. " She said.

I gave her a small smile. She was the best.
"God I love you Leah" I said pulling her in for another hug.
"I love you too Emi. " She replied.

***

I was now at the bookstore. I was waiting for the director to call me. I was so excited. I would finally get to do what I loved the most. I would become financially stable then maybe I would take my mother to a better hospital.

After a while, my phone ringed. I immediately picked up the phone. "Hello, Emilia Parker ? " A man asked.

"Hello, yeah Emilia here. " I said.

"I'm Christopher Steel. I'm the director of " Meant to be", the film you auditioned for. You're going to play the lead female in the film Emilia. I'll send you the script on the address your agent gave me. " He said.

"Alright." I said.

"Yeah let's meet for dinner to discuss other things. You think 8 pm on Monday would be okay?" He asked.

"Yeah sure. "

"Alright it'll just be you and me and a couple of other actors. I'll send you the details. Okay see you on Monday. I'm really looking forward to meet you. "

"Alright Christopher. I'm really looking forward to meeting you too. Thank you."

He hanged up and I took a breath of relief. I really needed to find something to wear though.

***

December 20, 2017.

It was 7pm now and I was getting ready for the dinner I was going to. Leah was with me, helping me. She had lent me her black dress which I paired with black heels.

I applied a little makeup, keeping it natural. She helped me out with her signature winged eyeliner. No one could put it better than her. I brushed my hair down simply, it was naturally straight so it didn't really need any fixing. I turned around and looked into the mirror. I looked alright.

"You look so beautiful, Emi. You don't even need to try girl, what the hell!" She said. I was happy that I at least had her to support me.

"Okay now, we should probably leave. You don't wanna be late. " She said and we both put our coats on and came outside to get into her car. She had offered to drive me to the restaurant.

When we reached there, she wished me luck and I got out of the car. "Call me when you're done. I'll pick you up. " She said.

"Yeah okay. "I said. As I walked into the restaurant  I asked  the waiter for a 'Christopher Steel' and he very kindly took me over to the table. As I approached I could see there were already three people sitting at the table.

'Dammit I'm not late am I?' I thought.

But as soon as I reached they got up and one by one gave me a quick hug. A bearded man who looked like he was in his early 50s was the first one to speak, " Hey you're Emilia right? I'm Christopher, the director. "He said.

"It's really nice to finally meet you Christopher. " I said.

The next was Cillian. We had already met so it wasn't new but it felt really nice to see him. Even though we didn't know a thing about each other,  it still felt like he was there for me. His eyes shone as he gave me a quick hug. "Hey you made it. I told you you were one of the best. " He said, giving me a big smile.

"You were right I guess." I smiled at him.

The next was a man who looked very familiar but I couldn't really remember where I had seen him before. "Hello I'm David.. David Payne." He said "I don't believe we've met before, love. " He introduced himself.

"I'm Emilia. Emilia Parker. It's really nice meeting you David. " I said, feeling Cillian's gaze on me the entire time.

We sat down and Christopher started to get into the details of what he expected from us. He explained to us whatever he had in mind, making sure I understood fully. He obviously knew about me not having professional training. Maybe Cillian told him. But it didn't seem like a big deal so I brushed it off.

"We'll start filming next month around the 27th in Berlin. I'll call you for surety. The flights will be payed for so you don't need to worry about that. " Christopher said.

An hour later we were done talking about the film and had resorted to talking about more general stuff, we got to know each other. According to Christopher it was really important for all four of us to have chemistry if we wanted to work together.

It was now 9:45 pm and we were all leaving. We walked out of the restaurant, and said our goodbyes. As I walked out I called Leah but her phone kept reaching voicemail. So I called an Uber and waited for it.

Just then, a black Audi pulled up in front of me. The windows rolled down and I saw Cillian's face look up at me. "Hey you want a ride? " He asked.