7.Day Off

28th February, 2018.

After weeks of a really vigorous schedule, we finally had a day off. I needed to get out of my room. I had only twice actually gone out into the city ever since we came here since I had no time after work. I  dressed up in blue jeans and a light blue shirt over which I pulled a light beige cardigan.

I went to a bookstore where I picked out a nice book to read at the park, after which I went to the park. It was nice being out. But maybe I should've called someone so I had company. People who go to the park alone seem lonely for some reason.

I watched people walk their dogs,  play with their children, it was sweet. I sat on a bench and pulled out my phone, taking a few pictures. After which I started reading my book. I got so lost in it.  But was disturbed by my phone ringing. It was my mother from the hospital.

"Hey mom. " I said.

"Hey honey. " She said. "How is everything. "

"It's all good. But tell me how you are. "

"I'm doing alright. " She said.

"I really wanna come visit you as soon as possible. "

"No you don't have to. I'm okay and I'm really happy you're finally doing what you always wanted to do. " She said.

"I know mom. I really miss you. " I said.

"I miss you too. How's it going then? "

"The filming is going great. I told you everyone's supportive and they're really nice to me. I've made friends. Well.. a friend.  So yeah. " I said.

"Well I'm really glad hun. I'm sure you'll make an excellent actress. " She said.

"Hm.. I love you mom. " I said.

"I love you too. "

I hanged up the phone, an empty feeling surrounding me. I can't bear to lose my mother. She's all I have. I was deep in thought when I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

"Emi? "

I turned around to see Cillian looking back at me. "Heyy. How're you doing? " I said.

"Great." He said sitting down next to me.

I smiled at him and then turned my gaze once again towards the dogs.. And the children. "Have you been here before?" I asked. "I mean Berlin. "

"Yeah three times before I think. I actually came here for the first time on our honeymoon. I mean me and my wife. " He said.

"Ex wife" I corrected him.

"Oh.. Yeah" He laughed under his breath.

"Obviously weirdo no one comes on a honeymoon with their friends." I chuckled.

He chuckled.

"You looked sad.. before. Is something wrong? " He asked.

"How long have you been watching me Mr. Cillian Murphy? "

"Just a few hours. " He said grinning.

"It was nothing.. I was just thinking about my mother. I don't think she's doing well anymore. Her voice was weak. " I said, looking at my hands that were ok my lap.

"I'm sorry Emi. I truly am. " He said. His hand gave mine a little squeeze.

"You know what. Let's go somewhere. " I said. "I don't wanna waste my day off. You know any amazing places out here? "

"I think we can go somewhere. Let's take the metro. " He said.

***

One and a half hours later we got off the train and then went to a restaurant to eat. After that we walked up a hill.

"Why can't we just take a cab?" I asked him, between breaths.

"Well that's the thing. It really gets more worth it if you've toiled hard to get there. " He said, between breaths.

I couldn't help but let out a laugh. "You're breathless too! " I continued laughing until my stomach hurt. I sat down in the middle of the path, with was really deserted, and let myself laugh out.

Cilly just looking at me, confused at what had me laughing so hard. It was just one of those moments.

He too sat down next to me and let himself rest. After about five minutes we were ready to walk again. He took my hand and pulled me up. We continued walking for what felt like eternity until we finally reached a really solitary area at the top. The journey was tiring but as soon as we got there, I realized it was all worth it.

The view was insane. The sun was setting and we could see the entire city. The sky was pink and yellow and the sun looked like a ball of fire. It was beautiful.

I continued watching it for like 10 minutes, not saying anything. At that moment I just wanted to stay there and forget about every problem I ever had. I was brought back to reality by Cillian clearing his throat.

"It's so beautiful here... " I said.

"Told you it would be worth it. And it helps that we reached just in time for the sunset. " He said.

He put his arm around my shoulder as we continued to watch it.

"How did you even find this place? " I mumbled.

"I.. I came here with my ex wife. " He said.

"Oh."

"Thank you for this. " I said.

"It's really nothing. " He said. I put my head on his shoulder. "

"It's getting dark now, as the sun sets. " I mumbled.

"Yeah.. We should get going now. " He said. "Oh wait.. "

"What is it.." I said as he pulled out his phone and took a picture of us. I slightly smiled into the picture.

We sat there for a few minutes more and then decided to leave.

***

"Whoa we're walking down now? " I asked.

He chuckled. "No I called a cab. It'll be here in a few. " He said.

"Well thank god! " I exclaimed.

The journey back was long and tiring. When we got to the main city we decided to get dinner together at a Chinese restaurant. It was pretty busy considering it was a weekend but thankfully we didn't have to wait a very long time.

"So.. You said your mother isn't doing great. " Cillian said.

"Yeah.. Um I don't think she is... The last time I talked to her she sounded okay and I thought maybe she was getting better. But today.. I just felt that she was forcing everything you know.. Like, she was pretending that she was okay. "

"You know I'm here right? I can help you out. I wanna help you ou-"

"It would be too much to ask Cilly.. You already give me so much. I'm grateful that we're friends but.. I can't take any more 'favours' from you. " I cut him off.

"It wouldn't be a favour at all! You can even pay me back later. I just think you should take my help."

"I think you're right.. I'm just being a prick. This is not for me, it's for my mother. " I said looking at the plate as I played with my food.

"Well that's great! I'm going to talk to someone so they can move her into a new hospital."

"That would be amazing.. Thank you Cillian I don't know what to say.. "

"You don't have to say anything. Just talk to her about it and I'll do the rest. " He assured me.