ii.

TIME TURNER
two / ii.

it was surprising how quick their last day of summer had gone by, the sun starting to set just as the trio's fun had heightened. their early leave in the morning hadn't gotten many groans from the boys, confusing pamela jacobs on why george and the two others had been so enthusiastic about getting out of the inn early. maybe it was the heightened fear of embarrassment if the boys ran into sapnap.

but that had been hours ago, and now, the globe of light was towering up between the tall buildings, blinding everyone as they walked towards king's cross station. the building looked normal, business people with their fancy work clothes rushing to get to their train, heels clicking as they passed by the more 'relaxed' groups of family and friend. either people from the magic side, or the bad side of the city.

george and his friends were, of course, on the magic part of the two chill sides.

karl's family had been eager to let the three boys deal with the sweaty crowd formed behind platform 9 3/4, the one george had been attending 6 years just like karl: but the two watched quackity with wondering eyes. george didn't understand how calm the boy walked, dragging his luggage right behind his feet. if it had been him, if it had been his last year of attending the train, or maybe walking through the station for the last time by yourself without kids, he would be crying out tears. he really wondered why quackity wasn't.

quackity passed everyone in a hurry, karl's eyes met with george's, both radiating confusion. they didn't have another option then to follow along, after their helpless attempts of calling the boy by his name. quackity walked in such a hurry, that he ended up knocking a luggage onto the floor, he had just groaned and told off the familiar enthusiastic gryffindor boy to "fuck off." tommy hadn't been delighted, shouting bad words behind quackity. and he had even tried to punch the boy lightly in the arm, but had been stopped when it contacted with george instead.

george only whined, a tiny amount of pain suddenly shooting up from his arm. tommy's punch was just playful, however, he watched quackity walk away with big eyes, not even bothering to look towards his way.

"tommy, calm down." george warned him, making an abrupt stop. he didn't know if karl had seen him standing, but he didn't feel a presence around him, except for the tall blonde. tommy knew thankfully about his transition; karl and quackity had told many people as they could in the short time they had spent together.

"sorry george notfound, sir, i am so sorry gogy!" he smirked, maybe a way to hint that he was in fact not sorry. george only rolled his eyes with a smile, it wasn't awful talking to tommy, and he could take a break from all the fast walking. "gogy?"

"i came up with it." maja: tommy's gryffindor friend spoke up. it looked like maja had been talking with tommy's parents from the looks of it, as now the two tall adults were pulled away from their conversation with them, now facing the familiar hufflepuff.

"no you didn't, you're just lying to get gogy's attention, besides i've known him longer..." tommy raised both his voice and eyebrows, switching his eyesight between george and maja, who huffed, pointing a finger at him as if he weren't here.

"well, he is bestfriends with quackity, so i'm guessing he's only heard bad of you!" george's heart warmed. he saw his two newly made friends as his closest friends along with the three ravenclaw's, of courseand hearing someone refer to him as their bestfriend made him smile. but the warming feeling only let his mind wrap back to the idea of leaving his friends to talk to two year fives. maybe he wasn't the friend that remembered the most.

waving a quick excuse, he let his feet take him towards the big train, the piss colour making him gag a bit as it tired his eyes.

he pushed against the group of families and first years, parents crying out tears, and the children tweaking from embarrassment, even if no one judged. everyone looked excited, beaming with energy, bustling up and down. some people accidentally hit george as some older students came back to the station to say their goodbye's to their younger friends, and after giving them a mean glance, he wondered if that was what quackity would do next year.