iii.

TIME TURNER
three / iii.

stepping out of the train felt weird. very weird.

after hours and hours of socialising with a group of people he would usually send a side glance, dream stepped out of the train as if nothing had happened. he didn't glance back as he left the group without saying a word. he didn't know whether or not sapnap was following him along, but either way, he walked with his head tilted upwards, walking towards a particular someone he had determined to talk to.

the dark night illuminated stars, and all the first years rushed towards the big lake. his preferences laid on the 'invisible' horses, which had been very visible for him since particular few years. he had thought, wow, this is where i go insane. but with the help of roaming towards hogwarts books, he was still a perfectly fine boy, who had only witnessed death once -or twice.

he still felt weird. he stroked the horse slightly on the hairs, ignoring the stares of some younger years and perhaps confused or disgusted gryffindors. it wasn't his fault he was the most hated, that's just how he ended up as a slytherin. or maybe it was the opposite, there was a certain prejudice against the house of green and silver lining. maybe in his first year, he had made wrong decisions, but his 12 year old self had a swarming feeling when he watched the upper years.

a boy, one with the name of sam, had been in his 6th year when clay had joined the slytherin house. whilst he was a big bully to the people around him, he always had a soft spot for dream, helping him learn the 'slytherin' ways, some which clay barely thought acceptable. but, he had no siblings, and he felt like an outcast with everyone but sam. so he developed whatever ideologies he had as a fake persona, and wore around this security mask. this was until, of course, sam had been expelled. only when sam's dark routed sides were revealed, that dream understood that this older brother figure he had was just insecure and a psychopath.

it grew him some time to develop out of his hateful habits, especially with his stone-hearted parents opposition to his sudden interest in change. without sapnap by his side, he would've acted on his fear, would've chosen to lie to himself to keep his parents happy. but, at least, in his inner circle of friends, he had deemed to be nice. it didn't come easy, as he had the reputation of being sam's last and best friend. however, he knew himself, and all the other pupils who didn't believe him, could fuck off.

so that's what he was doing, he scoffed and rolled his eyes at the students who watched him with disgust printed on their faces. he ignored the snickering teens, their whispers of accusations. "i bet he helped sam," and "he's just like his parents," weren't a first to his ears these were sly rumours that slithered across the castle of hogwarts, but he only had one year left, and he could deal with these tiny problems. what he couldn't deal with was failing his NEWT's, and having to repeat a year.

that would just be embarrassing.

"c'mon champ, let's get this year done and over with." sapnap slapped a hand onto his arm, and dream nodded along with a genuine smile, whilst they joined the 3 other's from the compartment on the carriage.

and yet again, it was weird. quackity was weird. karl was weird. and george, well he was kind of weird. but he wasn't opposed to this weirdness. he knew that george's friendship group, especially the pink haired boy, had a vendetta against him. he used to be mostly sure that they were the ones who started silly but hurtful rumours about him, and he had his bets on who exactly it was. not wilbur, he seemed nice on the surface, and probably didn't have the heart to spread his dislike out of his inner circle. techno was a big no, surprisingly. the two hated each other, of course, but it was all out in the open, especially on the quidditch field. and he honestly didn't think that techno would be bothered to shit talk him.