Act 12: Lothlórien

Lothlórien - 11 September 3018 TA

Lady of the woods of Lothlórien observed the surface of the forest close to the outskirt of Lothlórien, reflecting her image against the water of a silver basin of water known as the Mirror of Galadriel. The water became blurry, and images after images started running on the surface, showing her two completely different destinies side by side. It was impossible to read both scenarios as they were developing fast, but she figured out one of the destinies spoke about Prince Legolas and the other of an unknown female. The water soon became calm and silver again, leaving only her troubled reflection.

The Mirror spoke more often these days, Sauron's evil spirit was back, his armies became greater in number, and eventually all Middle Earth would fall under his command, unless Men, Elves and dwarves united in order to defeat him once and for all. However time to time the Mirror would show random plots, and it seemed something triggered it today and it focused around Prince Legolas' future. And it has changed into a bitter and troubled one.

Lady Galadriel suspected that the Sea would soon call Legolas Greenleaf; he would not longer find joy under the tree. His heart, then rests in the forest no more. Today's message was so much different though. It wasn't speaking about the Sea or the Forest, something had changed in the Prince's destiny and it would have a heavy impact in his mortal life.

"Why the grim expression my Lady?" Lord Celebron said as he skipped next to her realizing the worried expression of his mate. The darkness that was raised had a strong, effective towards the elves and specially for Lady of Lórien. Her worries were different currently nonetheless.

"Pain, despair, and agony," she noted with sorrow "Burning agony, grief and torment, is what awaits the young Prince, a future scarred with blood and death. A few decades before this day, when Legolas journeyed through Lothlórien, his future was unreadable but still filled with hope. Something changed with the tide of events and might bring him to his doom."

"Why would it matter, Hiril vuin (My Lady)," Celeborn spoke next, "The fact that the mirror reveals possible futures it is just old parchment that some hold some truths and others do not. And do not forget, Prince Legolas has the strength and the stubbornness of the Elvenking. Father and son had dealt with darkness, pain and despair before and they manage to endure. Thranduil even after losing his mate, didn't fade away. He fought his desire to reach the undying lands, for his people and his only son. Thus, do not fear the mirror showed, that has come down from distant years, for it may change that what it tells."

"I'm familiar with Thrandui's strength my Lord, he has defended his people and withstood through all the darkness that the Woodland Realm is facing. Trapped in his own grief, the King remained true to his word. His realm welcomed both Sindarin and Silvan elves, King of the Elves of Northern Mirkwood, the king of stone and wood. The Prince of the Woodland Realm has the intensity and tenacity of his father, but he has a better understanding of the world due the kind heart of his mother. And that causes him to be a greater danger, than the Elvenking." Galadriel responded as her gaze rested against the open view in front of her. "There are many possibilities, and the future isn't known, however the sudden change of events troubles me."

"I do hope none of that to happen to Prince Legolas," Celeborn said "the attacks are increasing all around Middle Earth, Darkness grows and in such disturbing times no one needs more burdens to bear."

"I am afraid it already started my Lord," whispered Galadriel as she rested her head against the Lord's of Lothlórien shoulder.

- - -