7

Madison

I was rudely awakened by the relentless ringing of my phone.

Attempting to move, I was struck by a sudden sensation.

Arms, unfamiliar and tight, were holding me captive. Glancing over my shoulder, I realized the arms belonged to Christian, lost deep in the realms of sleep, cradling me in his arms.

Anxiety overwhelmed me, pulling a silent curse from my lips.

Shit.

My body was positioned towards the television, securely enveloped within the trap of Christian's muscular frame.

His breath rhythmically puffing against my shoulder sent shivers down my spine.

What the fuck?

The unsettling realization that I was trapped in his arms sent waves of panic washing over me, which only amplified upon the dawning comprehension of the hour, that I had overslept.

"Fuck." An involuntary groan escaped my lips as I clumsily covered my face with my hands, attempting to ease the pulsating headache brewing behind my eyelids.

The persistence of my phone demanded my attention; the annoying ring forced me to outstretch an arm towards the coffee table.

Clumsily clutching the buzzing device, my blood ran cold upon seeing the time displayed; 11:45 am.

Five unanswered calls from Ashley and a further eight from Jenny were reflected on my screen.

Disbelief quickly gave way to irritation.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," I muttered under my breath.

Stirring from behind me indicating the end of Christian's slumber.

"What time is it?" His morning voice sounded raspy and confused.

He fumbled, trying to shield his squinted eyes from the harsh morning light.

"Very late."  I admitted, managing to extract myself from his sleepy grasp.

He let me go as soon as he noticed how he was holding me, "Sorry." He mumbled, getting up.

"It's fine."

I hurriedly scrolled through my contacts, finding Jenny's number and punching it with frustration.

"Hey! You've reached my voicemail.

I'm probably ignoring your calls or working but either way, stop calling."

I sighed and texted Ashley asking her to pick up any of the homework that I had to do for the day.

I know it's stupid but I want to keep up my grades since I'm almost finished with the semester.

Turning my attention back to the room, I caught sight of Christian casually reclined on the sofa, phone in hand and elbow resting casually on his knee.

Flicking my eyes to the kitchen, I decided food might alleviate the chaos, "Hey, you hungry?"

"Uh, yeah." He looked up looking drowsy and tired.

"Want some frozen waffles?" A weak attempt at a grin emerged as I held the box.

"Sure." He runs his hand through his hair.

"I can not believe we slept in for that long." I said putting two waffles in the toaster.

"I know." He walked over to one of the barstools.

I grabbed the waffles and put them on a plate, grabbing the syrup out of the fridge and two forks.