27

Christian

Witnessing her retreat was like experiencing a part of my soul being cruelly extracted.

I caught sight of the necklace she had angrily discarded on the ground. Picking it up, I held it, tracing the edges, recalling memories.

My emotions blend into a raw, unfiltered rage, made even stronger by the knowledge that without Lauren, none of this chaos would have occurred.

With heavy steps, I retreated to the locker room.

The game? No, that held no appeal now.

Not with what happened and not having the girl I love to watch and be there to support me.

Inside the locker room, I sunk onto a bench, allowing my face to be cradled in my hands.

She fucking hates me.

Driven by the overwhelming reality, I launched myself at Ethan's locker, punching it with everything I had.

Repeated impacts echoed loudly, the locker taking on new dents with each assault.

My knuckles turned an angry red.

Suddenly, the echo of my fury stopped, replaced by Daniel's silent presence.

"She hates me...she fucking hates me." I found myself confessing, my gaze fixated on the locker.

"I would too, to be honest." He sighed.

"How the hell do I get her back?" I found myself desperate for an answer.

"Giving her space...even though you might not get her back, you need to give her, her space." Was his reluctant advice.

"I have to fix this." The realization felt like a bitter epiphany.

Self-disappointment threatened to engulf me.

At that moment, Lauren appeared, gracing the doorway with her unwanted presence.

"You're so dramatic...I did what's best for you...she doesn't deserve you." She crowed with self-satisfied glee.

I glared at her, my hatred solidifying into a physical entity.

Daniel sensed my murderous intent and acted quickly to prevent me from making a terrible mistake.

"Get the fuck away from me!" I screamed, her slight jump was small satisfaction.

The very sight of her stoked the raging fire within me.

"Get out!!" My voice shook with suppressed fury.

"You'll thank me in the future," She laughed, "Oh, and once you get over this...you know where my bedroom is." She sneered once more before leaving me in my turmoil.

Rolling my eyes, I forced my pounding heart to slow its gallop. I had to compose myself.

Resting once more on the bench, my fingers threaded through my hair in a familiar gesture of anxiety.

I need my girl back.

Madison

I arrived at Christian's house and got out of my car.

I took the hoodie off and threw it on the floor of the front yard. I got back in my car and drove away.

I focused on the road, gripping on the steering wheel feeling angry and disappointed with him.

~~~

Returning to my own house, I stepped out of the car as soon as it halted.