2. Hello There

"Okay" I exhaled slowly.  "This must simply be a case of mistaken identity!" I laughed sitting back down.  Opening the folder once again and noticed that there wasn't any kind of photo or other identifier.  There must be lots of Sebastian Stans in the U.S.  The Romanian thing was awfully suspicious, but maybe the name was Romanian in some way.  That was the best I could come up with. 

"I mean it has to be rarer to have been matched with the actual Sebastian than someone with the same name right?" I thought aloud.  All I need to do is expect someone else and I won't be disappointed" I told myself calmly.  I sat back in my chair, fixed my hair, and put myself back together.  I was almost totally calm again when I heard the footsteps.

The door opened and Dr. Jill came in and right behind her was going to be my match.  When he cleared the doorway I got to have a good look and to say I nearly fainted was an understatement.  He was gorgeous with dark hair, and these ocean blue eyes.  It was him.  The Sebastian Stan, and he was looking right at me his match.

"Sebastian, this is Y/n!" Dr. Jill said as they stepped towards the table.  I stood up to shake his large hand, and our eyes met.  He looked shy, but smiled.

"Hi Y/n!" he laughed nervously taking my hand.  "It really is great to meet you even under these odd circumstances!" he sat down across from me. 

"Yeah, it's great to finally meet you too!  I have been kinda nervous about who my match would be, but you don't look creepy so that's a sigh of relief!"

"I'm glad that I don't seem too offensive at first sight.  I worry about that sometimes you know!" he laughed. 

"Okay guys, I am going to give you two some time to get to know each other and talk some logistics."  Dr. Jill gave me a super obvious wink and then left. Mortified by that display I turned back to Sebastian.  We looked into each other's eyes obviously taking the other in.  It was just him and I now.  We both shifted in our chairs awkwardly.  Then he finally spoke.

"So I do some acting for a living, I assume you already know that based on your expression when I came in.  I was wondering what you do for a living though?" he asked inquisitively.

"My aunt owns a bookstore, and I help her manage it.  I happen to have the year off right now though for obvious reasons" I laughed embarrassed at my job compared to his.

"Wow, that is so cool!  I love bookstores!  Especially the ones that aren't big time businesses."  he said to my surprise.

"She sells lots of books by local authors that have trouble getting their work circulated"

"That's awesome, I'd love to go there sometime!" he looked genuinely interested.

"Maybe I could bring you sometime... when you come to visit the baby" I hesitantly finished.  "Unless of course you don't want to be that involved which would be totally fine!" I assured embarrassed by my hasty words.

"We should probably talk about this." he sat up in his seat and got a paper from his pocket.  "Okay," he continued "I know that you are the mom and I think you get all first rights.  Whatever you feel most comfortable with is what should be top priority!" he unfolded his paper. "But, I would like to be as involved as you'd feel comfortable!  I wrote down a few ideas which you are free to totally veto." he coughed before reading his notes aloud.

"First, I would love to be able to see them once a month or every other month at least.  I am willing to fly to you or fly you both out if you would like that.  I have a house with a pool outside of L.A. which is also near a very nice park so it's kinda kid friendly.  I went to scout out the park and it seemed like the other kids were mostly nice.  There were a few tough looking characters in XL diapers, but if you never get bullied at all-" he looked up to gage my reaction, but I was laughing too hard.

"What?  Is once every other month way too much?" he asked.

"No no, it's fine!" I laughed.  "Please continue!" I coughed in an attempt to return to a straight face.

"Okay, umm second!  I would like to get a chance to go to at least one doctors appointment.  I know that's a bit intrusive, but I'd like to hear the heartbeat, see it on the screen, and get some of the creepy little black and white pictures okay."

"Third, I am very willing to support you both financially with checks.  I know the government is paying you but they are kinda sucky at everything they do so I assume you might appreciate some help!" he crumpled his paper up and threw it behind him.  "I totally could have remembered all of that without a stupid paper, but I was worried I'd get nervous and forget.  So instead of realizing I would probably remember three things I pulled a third grade book report moment!" he laughed rubbing covering his face.

"Hey I get it!" I pulled a color coded stack of note cards from my bag.  " They are ranked by worst to best case match scenario.  So if you you were a total weirdo with bad higiene then I would have used the red card which explains that I have suddenly changed my mind!" I laughed.  "That's worst case, and then they get better until best case card which is yellow with doodles of the sun on it!" I showed him my little drawings.

"So what card am I?" he asked nervously.

"I think definitely the yellow card.  Which says at much involvement as super healthy co-parents minus the drama!"

"What all does that entail?" he seemed kinda excited now.

"I think we should see you once a month, but you might have to come to me more than I come to you.  Plus, any doctors appointments you want to come to, and we can decide the name together!" I couldn't help but smile at the grin plastered on his face.

"This is better than I could have expected!" he put his fist up for a fist bump.  I met his fist mid air.

"We are going to be great co-parents!" he said getting up.  "I have always wanted a family, and I know that this isn't really conventional, but nothing about me really is.  A constant like this is what I have always dreamed about." He seemed genuinely excited.

"Well, I'm glad that the baby will be able to grow up with two hopefully stable and loving parents.  We won't be needing your financial help though."

"Are you sure?  I have more than enough to go around!" he looked concerned by the idea.

"I want the baby and I to be independent.  It's not that I don't trust you I just want us to not be dependent on you.  So, I'll work again eventually after they are born." I stated confidentiality.

"Alright, well you can change your mind any time you want and I'll always be there." his face was serious and yet reassuring.

Even though I wasn't planning on needing his checks I did feel safe knowing that there would be someone who could take care of us.

"Are you here in Chicago alone?" he asked suddenly. 

"No, I'm here with my parents."

"Would you guys like to go out tonight to get to know each other a little better?"

"I'm not supposed to be going to bars before this whole thing!" I said confused.

"Oh no, not like that!" he laughed.  "I could get us tickets to this really cool museum and then maybe dinner.  If you guys are busy then it's totally fine, but I do have to fly out tomorrow so this would be goodbye for now."

"Actually my parents would like that!" I smiled brightly.

"And what about you?" he asked.

"Well I would love it!" I smiled.

"Alright, well I'll go get the lawyers so we can get everything written out and get you back to your hotel to rest!" he stared at me for a second and then left.  When the door had shut I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding.

"Oh gosh" I said to myself "am I getting attached?  This is going to be a disaster..."