3. Meet The Parents

We had written up all of the contracts, when Dr. Jill came back to talk to us for a few minutes. 

"This is one of the most important parts of this." she started in a serious tone.  "You guys can't tell anyone outside of very close family that you are participating in this trial.  It has to be kept as secret as possible in order to keep you both safe, and out of the headlines.  Here is a non disclosure form to sign.  If something does get out without your intent we will be forgiving, but please take this as seriously as possible!" she laid the pages down in front of us.  We looked at the other and signed.

Once that was done I texted my parents to come back and pick me up.  Sebastian then
walked me to the private hospital entrance.

"I'm glad that I think we will be friends!" he told me as we arrived at the doors.  "We should exchange numbers before I forget." he suggested getting his phone from his pocket.

I did the same as he told me his number aloud.

"Perfect!" I said taking a candid pic of him for his contact.

"Let me see that!" he ripped the phone from my hand to inspect my work.

"Baby Daddy?" he laughed loudly handing it back.

"Of course, what else?" I smiled saving it.

"Well here's yours" he then handed me his phone.  It had my number under "Baby Mama" with a hideous picture of me mid laugh looking like I was screaming.

"Whatever you want Baby Daddy!" I cringed.

"Well Baby Mama," he began "I have to go but I'll be at your hotel around six to pick you guys up unless you are too tired."

"No, I honestly feel great, and six will be perfect!  I'll see you then!" I waved as he nodded walking towards the parking garage. 

A few minutes later the rental car pulled up to the entrance, and I walked out to two very anxious looking people.

"How was it Y/n!" my mother practically screamed the second I opened the car door.

"It was... good actually!" I smiled "but, I am going to need a minute to take it all in before I can talk." I yawned buckling up.  "Oh, but we are going out with him to a museum and dinner tonight!" I got out before closing my eyes.  I heard a ruckus erupt from the front, but I wasn't going to participate at the moment.

Maybe I was a little more tired than I thought.

Back at the hotel I was feeling better once we got back to our room, and my parents were going crazy so I had to give all the juicy details.

"That actor guy?" my dad asked in shock.  "I love the Winter Soldier so much!" he shouted tears literally beginning to gather in his eyes.

My mother on the other hand was not as starstruck.

"I don't know if this is a good idea Y/n.  These types of guys go from girl to girl not caring whose heart they break in the way" she cautioned sharply.

"No one said anything about getting romantically involved!" I laughed taking the clips from my hair.

"Yes, but I know you Y/n.  If you like him even a little you will have trouble not getting attached.  You will see yourselves as a little family, and he will see being a dad as a character he gets to play sometimes.  Maybe he will throw some money around for a trip or two and then get bored." she concluded looking very concerned.

"One, I don't think he is some kind of playboy.  He is more of a quiet type.  And two, I know how to take care of myself.  I'm not going to get confused by our relationship.  Besides he is off the market anyway.  He has a girlfriend in L.A. and it seems serious!"

"Did he tell you about her?" she questioned.

"Well no, I googled him while I was waiting for you to pick me up."

"Then it's not that serious."

I didn't really know what to say to that because it kinda made sense so I got up to take a shower.

"Wait!" my dad said suddenly. "Does he have a real left arm under the metal one?"

"Yes of course!" I began laughing as I walked into my room.

"Good! He will need two arms to hold the baby!" he smiled slapping his knee.

"This is a disaster, and you are both insane!" my mom said, but not without a laugh, shaking her head at us.  "Well I guess I need to pick out something to wear tonight!" she sighed.

I was thankful that she had given in a little bit, but her words did ring true. I would need to be cautious and create a good friendship with Sebastian. Something that would be very stable for our child.

//later//

I had just finished putting my hair up when my phone dinged. Picking it up I saw that it was Sebastian asking for our room number. I sent a quick text back and he said he would be up in a minute.

"Okay guys he's coming." I warned my parents as I put on my shoes. "I will answer the door and then introduce you both okay!"

"Whatever, but why are you wearing sneakers with a dress?" my mother questioned gesturing to the violet shoes.

"This isn't just dinner we are also going to a museum. I needed sexy evening look on the top and comfortable sneaker style on the bottom!" I laughed.

"Great, your dad is going to have to carry me when my heels start to hurt" she fake whined.

"Who do you think I am?" my father burst out laughing. "Your boyfriend?" he asked my giggling to himself.

"You should do stand up! You really are just that hilarious!" she answered sarcastically with an eye roll.

Before he could make a response there was a knock at the door. We all went silent.

"Well, go answer it!" my mother whisper shouted after a second. I hadn't realized that I would be nervous, but now I wasn't so sure about this. I hesitantly walked to the door and peeped through the whole. All I could see was brown hair so it seemed like a safe bet.

I opened the door and he immediately smiled.

"I thought maybe I had something wrong! Like wrong hotel right number!" he laughed as I opened the door wider.

"Nope! This is the right place!" I said cringily.

I stepped back and he walked inside.

"Sebastian, this is my mother and father. Guys, meet Sebastian!"

"It's nice to meet you both!" Sebastian smiled putting out his hand. "Y/n told me a little about you guys earlier."

My mother hesitantly shook his hand as if she thought he might bite. Meanwhile my father had stars in his eyes.

"Can you do the arm thing?" he asked excitedly. He then demonstrated by swinging his arm around almost knocking a lamp over.

"Uh yeah, sure! he laughed "but I should probably do it later... in a more open space."

"Oh course." my dad nodded like he hadn't just almost destroyed the hotel's property.

"Okay, well we should probably go now!" I said getting my jacket.

"Right, because I got us a reservation for 8:00pm and we are going to want to see as much as possible of the museum before we have to go to dinner."

As we walked out the door I couldn't help but be a bit nervous. I wanted my parents to like him, I wanted to make a good impression, and I wanted to learn more about who he really is.  Not who google says he is, but who he actually is.  Straight from the source.