5. Flower Power

Two weeks had passed before I even really noticed.  I had been to over a dozen different appointments and meetings, taken all sorts of medications, and met all kinds of doctors.  Finally things were beginning to slow down.  The procedure was over, and it was time to begin the waiting game. 

Thankfully I got a lot of privacy in my own room at the hospital.  It was more than an everyday hospital room though.  It was like a hotel room with a mini kitchen and a couch.  I had brought an entire suitcase of things to do to occupy my time here.  It had about fifteen books from aunt's store, puzzles of old cars from my dad, and an entire stack of gossip magazines my mother just had to buy.

So far I had read six books, done several puzzles, tried a microwave mug cake recipe from one of the magazines, listened to every Taylor Swift song in chronological order, and occasionally thought about Sebastian.  He had texted me a few days after he left to ask how everything was going, and to say that he would be pretty busy for a while.  I had also been busy at the time so I hadn't thought much of it, but now all I have are my thoughts.

Is this how it will be all of the time?  Him trying to connect occasionally within his busy schedule.  A text here and there, and maybe a call if he has time.  If that's how it will be I'm not complaining, but it would be nice to know exactly what to expect from him.

I was finishing one of the puzzles for a second time when I decided to get up and stretch.  Walking over to the kitchen I couldn't help but smell the terrible burnt smell I had created.  Let's just say there is a reason people don't follow recipes from gossip mags!  The mug cake had basically caught fire in the microwave and burned itself to my only mug.  I had tried to scrape it out, but once the molten chocolate had cooled it was over.

As I inspected the cup once more I heard a soft knock at the door. 

"Come in!" I said cheerfully, hoping it would be my lunch.

"Hello Miss Y/n!  How are you doing this morning?" my nurse Patty nurse asked, opening the door slowly.

"Fine thank you!" I smiled.  "Is it lunch time?" I questioned.

"Not yet, but here is something that was just delivered for you sweetheart!" she sat a beautiful vase of flowers down on the table.

"Those are gorgeous!" I gasped.  "Who sent them?" I asked walking closer.

"You'll have to look at the card yourself honey!" She smiled brightly.  "Now I'll go get that lunch of yours!" she laughed leaving.

I stepped up to the most beautiful and full bouquet I had ever seen.  They were red, orange, and purple wildflowers.  The sweet smell quickly filled the room leaving the burnt one to memory.  I picked up the soft stem of one of the bigger flowers and brought it to my nose.  All I could do was wonder who sent them.  The card was sticking out of the vase so I pulled it out and flipped it open.

It read "These flowers wish that they were half as beautiful as you. It's corny, but horribly true. I hope to come for a visit to soon!  Until then, your very supportive baby daddy, Sebastian xx"

"Wow" I laughed reading it another time or two.  He hadn't even called so I was surprised.  It was nice though.  My parents had gotten flowers for my room before they left, but their roses had died by now.  I had been sad to throw them away, because they were a reminder that somebody knew I was here. Plus, the room felt more fresh with something alive in it. So, I was probably even more grateful for the bouquet than he could have guessed when he sent it. I sat them by the window, smelling it once more, and went back to my puzzle.

I was two pieces from finishing when I heard my phone begin to ring.  I casually picked it up and read the caller ID.  I jumped and accidentally dropped it under the table.  Kicking my chair out of the way I scrambled to the floor and grabbed it.  The screen was lit up like the 4th of July to alert me that Baby Daddy was calling. Actually calling, unlike the times I imagined what I would say if it were to happen.  I only had a few seconds before it would go to voicemail so I hastily punched answer.

"Hello" I said still under the table.

"Hey, how are you?" Sebastian's deep voice asked from the abyss.

"Hey, I'm good." I laughed climbing from under the table.

"Are you sure?  You sound a bit out of breath." he asked nervously.  I then realized that in the chaos I had started breathing quite heavily.

"Oh yeah, I was just getting a little exercise!" I grimaced at my fake excuse.

"I wanted to say that I'm really sorry I haven't been able to call.  Things have been really crazy on set here!" he apologized kindly.

"That's alright!  Things have been pretty busy for me too." I smiled to myself.

"I bet!" he began, laughing to himself.  "So, did you get any flowers today?" he asked sneakily.

"I may have.  You wouldn't know anything about that would you?" I asked.

"You know I just might..." he said sarcastically.

"Thank you Sebastian.  They are possibly the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen!" I said glancing at them in the sunlight.

"I'm glad you like them.  I have wildflowers that grow in my backyard at home so I sent the florist a picture of them for inspiration." 

Of course he did I thought to myself.

"So," he started again suddenly, "What are you having for lunch?" he asked.

"Um" I laughed.  "A salad and a sandwich." I laughed confused.

"Let me guess... A strawberry and feta salad with a ham and cheese panini!" he guessed boldly.

"Well actually y-" I started until I heard the door open behind me.  I turned to see Patty opening the door wide for the lunch cart which was being driven by none other than Baby Daddy himself.

"Surprise!" he shouted into the phone he was still holding. A massive smile was plastered across his face.

I of course dropped my phone for a second time in ten minutes.  Thank goodness I have a good case, because apparently I have a lot of incidents when Sebastian is involved.