V

Chapter 5-Going Against Time

Clary, drenched and covered in bruises from head to toe, stepped out of the elevator and scowled at the thin air.

She was furious.

She was furious that Valentine had experiment on Olivia, she was furious that he had tortured Dot, she was furious  that he had manipulated Jace, and she was furious --and worried-- that she had lost Olivia and Jace somewhere in the sea.

''Hey!'' Raj exclaimed as he noticed her walking into the Institute. '' Hey, no. No. You can't go in there–'' he tried to grab her arm but she quickly  slapped his hand away. ''Where are Ian and Izzy?'' she asked without breaking her stride.

''I am calling Aldertree.'' he murmured, and she rolled her eyes. The girl wasn't worried about Aldertree, not now ,not when she had more important and urgent things on her mind.

''Clary.'' Jocelyn came running towards her, her eyes widening and her motherly instincts taking over as she took in the condition that Clary was in. ''What happened? Are you okay?''

Clary frowned. She was still angry at her mother  for almost killing Olivia--even if it was by accident--and for trying to harm Jace. ''I am fine.'' she snapped, unable to keep the bitterness out of her voice. ''I-I just need to see Ian and Izzy.'' she said and brushed past her mother without bothering to give her a second glance.

''Clary, wait!'' Jocelyn followed after her daughter, wanting to talk to her and also wanting to know about Olivia's location. ''Wait, Clary!''

Clary sighed and reculantly came to a halt just as Jocelyn  reached her. ''Where have you  been?'' she asked her. ''And wh-''

''We are all curious about that.''

The two looked up and narrowed their eyes in slightly annoyance as they saw Raj and Victor Aldertree walking towards them. 

Raj must have informed him, Clary realized and then cursed him and his stupid tendency to always act like Aldertree's pet. ''Bring her a change of clothes and a hot cup of tea to my office.'' he told Raj before looking back at the red-haired girl. '' Clary and I are gonna have a little chat.''

''Please,'' she pleaded. ''Let me see Ian and Isabelle.''

''They are with Alec, Clary.'' Jocelyn replied in a soft and somewhat guilty tone. ''He was trying to help me find you and Olivia, but something went wrong...'' 

Clary's blood froze at her mother's words. ''What?'' 

''He's in a bad way.'' Jocelyn added.

Mom, what did you do? Clary wanted to ask, but didn't.She didn't--she couldn't say anything because her throat had gone tight with horror and her mind was  filled with worry for the oldest Lightwood sibling... and also for Ian and Izzy.