VI

Chapter Six-Healing

                                                                                    Chapter Six-Healing.

''Best team.''

Ian's head snapped towards Alec and a defeated sigh left his lips as he realized that Alec was talking in his unconscious state....again.

Breathing out heavily, he ran his hand through his hair and bit down on his lip.

Alec's condition was not improving, that was a known fact, and it had caused Ian to lose all of his hope. But after talking to Olivia on the phone, after hearing her voice and knowing that she and Jace were safe and were coming to heal Alec, he had felt an immense sense of relief and had regained his lost hope.

And now, he wasn't going to lose that hope, no matter what.

''Alec.'' Magnus--who had previously been working on gathering items for his potions--moved closer to Alec and placed his hand on the boy's cheek. ''It's okay, Alec. You hear me? We're gonna get you out of here and bring you back.'' he whispered, his eyes soft and filled with concern.

Ian shared a look with Izzy just as the door flew open and in stepped Victor Aldertree and his pet-- AKA Raj. ''You put in a request to transfer your brother to Idris?'' Aldertree asked, his eyes narrowing in accusation as he moved his gaze between Ian and Izzy.

''Our parents did.'' Ian replied and stood up on his feet before moving closer to where Aldertree was standing. ''Why? You have a problem with that?''

Aldertree gave him a  glare that would have made anyone quiver and shiver and murmur an apology for being so rude.....

 But Ian wasn't just anyone. He was a Lightwood and  Lightwoods were known for not being afraid of douchebags and scumbags.

''Alec isn't leaving this institute,'' Aldertree spoke through clenched teeth and then looked at Magnus, who --along with Izzy-- had stood up from the bed and came to stand on Ian's side. ''I'm sure his warlock friend can figure something out. Here.''

Magnus scoffed, ''This isn't waking Sleeping beauty with a kiss. Runic power is deep. It required magic that can't be accessed in the walls of this Institute.''

Aldertree looked between the three of them and narrowed his eyes even further before saying, ''I don't know what you are up to, and, ultimately, I don't care. But as far as I am concerned, your brother is too weak to be Portaled.''

''You are just using Alec as bait to arrest Jace and have Liv under your control.'' Izzy hissed out in realization.

''No,'' Aldertree argued, but Ian--along with Magnus and Izzy--knew that he was lying. He didn't care about whether Alec lived or died, that much was plainly obvious, all he cared about was having Jace and Olivia under his control.