Hospital - Chapter 11

Y/n POV

Her heart beat monitor took up the silence in the room and that was all I could hear. All I could hear was the endless loud monitor.

I felt myself scream out and I'm not sure if I said anything, but I knew I couldn't hear it. I watched through my blurring vision as people dressed in blue dragged me away from my mum and took her out of the room. I could hear myself scream this time. It was high pitched and it took all the air out of my lungs.

"Hey!" Someone yelled. Their voice sounded muffled and distance but I could see their figure infront of me. It didn't make sense.

My heart was beating out of my chest and my breathing was uneven. I knew this because I tried to focus on my breathing enough to stand. It only failed.

"W-whe-re i-is s-sh-he!" I yell at the person holding me. "W-where's m-my m-mum!" I cry. I wanted to hold her hand again. I wanted her to ask about my day and scolded me for not getting enough sleep. I want her to make her terrible lasagna again, I promise I won't complain this time.

"I'm sorry sweetie... she's gone" the voice said. I was lost for words and my mouth dried out. "I'm so sorry" they said again and pulled me into a hug. I don't even know who they are. And i don't care. I didn't move or talk. My throat was sore and even if it wasn't. What would I say? Nothing would bring her back.

————

I collapsed the second I entered my own house. No my mums house. This isn't mine.

There were no tears on my face. Absolutely none. I didn't feel numb. This wasn't a numb feeling but I wasn't sad either. I turned on my knees and picked up the closest thing to me and threw it. The vase flew across the room and shattered against the table leg.

A part of me felt relieved hearing the vase shatter. I jumped up and picked up the pot that held mum's wooden spoons and spatulas. I jumped and through it full force at the ground, the wood cracked and the spoons scattered across the floor.

My next target was a picture frame, I snapped it over my knee and dropped it in the sink. There were a few drops of blood coming from my fingers but I didn't care.

I picked up the chair from the dining table and threw it at the couch. It didn't break. I grabbed another chair and threw it at that chair, one of the legs snapped off.

I continued my rampage up the hall, breaking pictures that hung on the wall and turning over furniture.

As I approached the last standing thing in the hallway I stood motionless. My trembling hands picked up the small clay bowl. It was rough and ugly but it was painted with bright unmatching colours. Flowers and hearts were spread over it.

"Mummy!" I yell running up to my mum, she was standing outside of my class. She smiled and hugged me, even hugged my giant backpack. "Look what I made!" I shout shoving the clay bowl into her hands. She groaned seeing the paint stain her hands. "Aww" she smiles. "It's beautiful!" I laugh and she grabs my hand taking me back the car.

Slowly my hands place the bowl backdown and I look back at what I've done. So many things were shattered, broken and unfixable.

"This is my fault..." I run back out the door and down the street. I felt weightless and just continued to run my way down the streets.

George POV

The medics dragged Javelin out of the ring and y/n soon ran out aswell. I felt like I should get up and run after her, but I was worried Clay or Nick would get suspicious. Y/n's smart, I'm sure she'll be fine.

Clay got up from his seat and stretched his back, I heard it pop a few times before he sighed and stood straight. "Well I'm up" he says and exits the room without another word.

"Where'd you go today" Nick says blankly as soon as Clay left.

"W-What? I just went home?"

"George you're a terrible liar" he says raising his eyebrows.

"I am not"

"You literally break under pressure so easily"

"... that doesn't mean I'm a bad liar"