Other side - Chapter 15

??? POV

"He's out cold." He said, walking onto the balcony. "He'll wake later tonight"
"Have someone watching over him, I'm not risking anything" I say, ordering him. "We don't have enough people to be watching him all night" he informs me. Something I don't want to hear,

"Make them take shifts." I say before taking another sip of my bottle.
"Everyone has big days tomorrow we can't-
"Are you hard of hearing?" I turn to face them. "I don't care if they are tired! We lose him, we lose the money, We lose the money and you and all your fucking friends will be skinned and turned into leather coats!" I shout, throwing my bottle at him. It shatters at his feet making him jump back and trio down the short arrange of stairs. He lands with a thud.

"Clean this mess and make sure he's watched. I have places to be" I say, stepping over the shattered glass and straight past him. "Will do sir" he sighs getting to his feet.

I walk down the hall and into the room at the very end. The dark welcomed me and my eyes adjusted to the many screens in the room. All dim, but bright enough to illuminate your walking path. "What's the news on Javelin?" I ask, breaking the continuous sound of clicks from keyboards. "Overdose sir. His body couldn't handle the drug."

"How long."
"... how long what sir-?"
"HOW LONG DID HE TAKE TO DIE!?" I shout making the people in the room jump. Everything went silent. No one was typing in the room. No one was talking. No one was doing anything.

The sound of a keyboard rang in my ears and I turned around to see a little blonde girl typing away, like I wasn't here and nothing had happened. I approached her desk and grabbed her by the neck, pulling her to her feet.

"Do you see me?" I ask her, my hand still firmly holding her. "Y-Yes" she chokes out. My grip tightens. "Y-Yes! s-s-sir!"
"Now do you see anyone else typing?" I ask. She shakes her head. "Words darling" I smile reaching into my pocket and pulling out the familiar cold shape. "N-No." she squeaks. "Good." I smile, pressing the gun to her temple and pulling the trigger without a second thought. The loud gunshot echoes through the room and my ears ring from the noise.

"Clean this mess up and answer my question" I snap, putting the gun away and turning to the rest of the room. "3 days in total, 2 for the drug to take toll on his body and 1 for him to pass, even with medical help from the hospital" I hum. "Bring in our other fighter, explain everything to him, but leave out... you know, the side affects. I want him drugged up 2 days before his fight"

With that I leave the room. Once out I notice the women's blood had made it's way to my shoes and stained them. Tragic really. I really liked these shoes.