First Day Back - Chapter 2

Y/n POV
After a well deserved shower i got dressed into a yellow and white striped shirt, with a black leather jacket and blue ripped jeans. I tucked the shirt into my jeans and made my way down to the kitchen and saw my mom making herself breakfast.
"Morning mom"
"Good morning, how did you sleep?"
"Oh uh... it was ok" I said while I put a slice of bread in the toaster.
"You really should be going to sleep earlier"
"I know mom, I'll try"

The toast popped up and I didn't waste time applying butter and spread. After quickly munching through the toast I ran back up stairs and packed my bag. I emptied the stuff from the club last night and put my books, pencil case, lock, laptop and notes in the pockets. I picked up my keys and put them in my pocket along with my phone.

Walking back down stairs with my bag I rummaged through the kitchen cupboards and ended up packing a few snacks.
"Mom I'm going to go now!"
"Alright cya honey! Please be careful!"
"I will mom!"

I walked out the door closing it behind me before making my way to my bike and jumping on it. The drive to school was maybe 10-20 minutes away, the distance never really bothered me and I don't exactly know why.

As I pulled up to the school I park my bike and headed towards my locker. As I got to the locker I was given I placed my helmet in along with all my books. After a few minutes of setting everything up so it would fit I close the door and walk to the front of the school where everyone hangs before lessons. As I exited the front doors I was instantly able to see pretty much the whole school. Everyone was split into their small groups and gossiping. A few groups of people caught my eyes as I headed to the gate to wait for my friends.

There was the group of boys that was at the club last night talking about 'Sparrow' and 'Dream' and how they fought. The second group that caught my eye was the 'popular' girls. They kept on looking over at the 'popular' boys and laughing while flicking their hair constantly and changing their stance to look confident and to make their butt look bigger. The 'popular' boys were the third group that caught my eye and they were flexing their muscles and talking about the upcoming game and how they were going to 'destroy' the opposing team. All I could do was roll my eyes at the 'popular' people. Like that's pretty much all they do day in and day out. I really don't understand stereotypes, I find them stupid.

I reached the front gate and pulled out my phone before texting the boys.

I sigh and sit down on the grass knowing they are going to be like 15 minutes

I sigh and sit down on the grass knowing they are going to be like 15 minutes. The grass was luckily not wet and I pulled out my phone and began to watch a few tiktoks... and by 'watching' I mean sitting with the volume down and eavesdropping on others conversations. I mean I'm literally friends with boys so it's not like I always get all the gossip.

After a few minutes of listening to the girls conversations I found out Jasmine and Anthony broke up... again. They were I guess you could call them the 'power couple'. Jasmine is the queen bee and lead cheerleader, while Anthony is the football teams captain. They are also ALWAYS breaking up... Jasmine for whatever reason still believes they are soulmates even though they break up literally almost every week. After getting bored of the girls gossip I try to listen in on the boys gossip. They were talking about some party Anthony was throwing this weekend and how EVERYONE is invited.