019

Xinyi's POV

"Mrs. Chen, can I have a favor?"

"What it is?" She replied.

"I lost my phone, I tried my best to find it but it's nowhere to be found. Can I see the recorded CCTV footage since I came here? Maybe someone came into my room"

I tried to find my phone for the whole night but I can't find it and maybe someone entered my room without me, this is the only possibility.

"You lost your phone? Sure, let's check it." Mrs. Chen said and gesture me to follow her.

We entered the Monitor Room and waited for Mrs. Chen to show me the CCTV footage since I came here.

"Here, Xinyi" She points out. I approached her and looked at the monitor.

I watched it thoroughly. But there was not even a single proof that someone entered my room except me.

Where is it? Why I didn't even notice that it was missing?

"Are you sure you lost it, Xinyi?" She asked.

"I'm 100% sure, Mrs. Chen. I looked for it in my room for the whole night but I found nothing" I explain.

"Maybe you took it while you were going to the patients' room?" I shook.

"Since the first day of work, I never brought my cellphone with me" she just nod.

"Okay, I will ask the other nurses and workers here. Maybe they found out it" She smiled at me.

"Thank you, Mrs. Chen."

I hope I can find it.

I went back to work after that. It's their dinner time.

I entered Xiaojun's room. As I always see every day. He laying down on the floor again. I still don't understand why he's always lying on the floor.

"Xiaojun, here's your dinner," I spoke and placed his food on the table.

"I'll be back later to get these plates"

I was about to leave when I heard him speak.

For the first time, he talks to me calmly.

"Xinyi, how are you?" he asked. Well, this is new to me.

"I'm fine" I replied.

"I'm still wondering what you look like without that gas mask " - Xiaojun

"What do you mean?"

"I want to see your face Xinyi, can you remove that gas mask of yours?"