Epilogue: Rainy Days

It had been a month since Amity Blight had moved into the Owl House. She and Luz's relationship was thriving without the pressure of hiding it from the Blight parents. Despite the threats shouted at her and her siblings as they had left the manor, not a word had been heard from the cruel socialites since they'd left. Emeria and Viney had started showing more affection publically and it seemed that their relationship was on the path towards getting better without the constant fear of being found out. Edric, Jerbo, and Barcus were doing well as ever and were settling into their new apartment. Edric seemed to smile a lot more now and the bruise on his wrist was finally starting to fade. Willow and Boscha had a bit of a rocky start, finally dealing with some deeper issues from their rough past pre-indicators in addition to the pressure put on them by Boscha's parents. Now, though, her parents had been working on accepting their relationship having seen from the Blight's what would happen if they continued to resent it. Camilla was starting to settle into the Boiling Isles, though she was still struggling with a lot of the darker undertones to the realm that she was working to call home. She and Luz had finally had another deep talk about everything and were in a lot better of a place without the tension from the lies and resentment about the camp. She and Eda had their differences but they complimented each other perfectly and Amity had come to accept them as her parents. Her real parents, who cared for her and not their reputation. 

~

"But Edaaaaaaaa," Luz whined, clinging to her mentor's leg as she walked into the kitchen. Amity glanced up from her book and laughed at the sight. She guessed that the request hadn't gone over well.

"Kid, you know that I can't. King needs to go to the playground to get some of his energy and rage out, I need to make some potion deliveries, then I need to make dinner, then..." She trailed off, seeing the wide, pleading eyes looking up at her from her leg. "Dang it, Luz, you're too cute. Look, I'll tell you what. How about you and Amity go and take the key with you. Just be careful! I don't want my girls getting hurt or stuck in the human realm." Luz leaped off the woman's leg and threw her into a hug. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Eda handed the key to the human portal to Luz with a reluctant smile and another plea to be safe. After assuring her a few more times, the human girl dashed over to Amity and threw her arms around her, nuzzling her cheek with her own.

"Oh, Amity, you're going to love this!" She exclaimed, moving aside to give Amity the chance to put her bookmark in place and set the book aside. "The lights are so beautiful! Oh, and the music! And the water is so gorgeous with the lights! I'm so excited to share this with you!" Amity smiled. 

"I can't wait to see it!" Camilla had come home from work a few nights before and had told Luz about the floating lantern festival going on in their hometown in the human realm. Ever since then, Luz had been formulating a plan to go. 

After taking about an hour to get ready, Luz pressed the button on the key and a magical door unfolded before the two girls. She called out a goodbye to Eda, Lilith, and King as she grabbed Amity's hand and opened the door. Amity had never been to the human realm before and it surprised her when they stepped through into an old shack. 

"Uhh, Luz? Is this really where..." She motioned to the rotting wooden boards around them.

"Oh, right. For some reason, this is where the door opens. It used to be an entrance to a mine or something but it's been closed off and they never cleared away the building. This way," she held her hand and led her out of the shack. She started to step off the porch once they were outside but Amity quickly pulled her back. 

"Luz! Be careful, it's raining!" She exclaimed, dragging her back towards the portal door. However, when she caught a glimpse of Luz's face, she didn't seem afraid. Instead, her eyes were lit up like the sun and a wide smile beamed on her face.