Chapter 34

"You're home early," Quinn greeted Elliot as he walked through the front door

She was lounging on the couch, phone in hand - not even bothering to glance up.

"When'd you get back?" He asked her.

"Yesterday," she replied, still scrolling on her phone. "I've been texting you all week. Where were you? The Swiss Alps?"

"No, but it felt like the Swiss Alps."

Quinn wasn't the type of person to pry for details. "Are you going to the Sigma Chi party on Friday?"

Elliot considered her question. "Am I going to a frat house filled with drunk, homophobic guys who are best known for dressing in togas? No. Not really my - "

"HE'S GOING," Nicki blurted from her room. She came running into the living room. "We're all going."

"You can't take Quinn to a frat party," Elliot stated. "She'll out-drink everybody and break a guy's arm in the first five minutes."

Quinn finally looked up from her phone and said, "That's a theory I'm willing to test."

"Perfect," Nicki smiled.

"You two can go. I'll stay home with the ghost of Quinn's cat," Elliot insisted.

"You have to go," Nicki said.

Elliot rolled his eyes. "Why?"

"People are expecting you to be there."

Elliot scoffed at the mere notion. "People? What people?"

"I'm serious," Nicki continued. "Look."

But Elliot couldn't even look long enough to read anything - the pixels on Nicki's phone were updating so fast that ten new people were popping onto the screen every second. All the comments were about Pierce and Elliot, and they weren't coy. It seemed like the entire internet believed they were in a romantic relationship. There were even memes and gifs made from their video.

"Holy shit," Elliot muttered.

"You're famous, dude," Quinn interjected from the couch.

His heart was pounding. "Does Pierce know about this?"