𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞, 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐞?

don't wanna kill me, now do we?

"i'm just saying, i don't understand why you don't at least try with kiara. she clearly likes you."

i was sitting in the back of the pouge van, listening to jj and john b talk about kiara.

"guys she's not into either one of you." i said. no one would be if they didn't stop trying too hard.

"she's like, 'oh john b!'" jj said, totally ignoring my remark, holding up a middle finger to me.

i rolled my eyes and flipped him back off, "is that what she does?" john b asked.

"and i'm pretty sure my sisters into you too!" jj said, pointing back to me.

my face suddenly got red with embarrassment as john b looked back at me, furring his eyebrows as jj kept talking, "she's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you."

"i kissed him on the cheek." i said, defending myself. john b was like a brother to me. nothing more, nothing less.

"it's not like we were making out." john b agreed, turning his attention back to the road.

"low hanging fruit bro. don't pretend you don't notice. both girls are into you." jj pressed on.

"no." john b said, rounding a corner.

jj rolled his eyes, "you can't even deny it. i see it in your eyes. you're like, 'i kinda like that,' and you start blushing and shit."

"i blush?"

"yeah."

"jj shut the hell up." i said as i looked out the window.

"hey don't!" i heard john b yell as he smacked jj's hand. apparently he had touched the compass that was on the dashboard.

"i was just looking at it."

"i gotta admit," i said, "your fathers compass, in scooters boat, that's freaky."

"yeah. that's why we're going to talk to ms. lana." john b said, "figure this whole thing out."

"oh yeah. i'm sure she would just love to talk to us. it's not like her husband just drowned or anything." jj said, non empathetically.

"jj." i said, smacking his arm at his remark.

we pulled down a dirt driveway and saw a small pink and yellow house that sat by the ocean.

seabirds called as we hopped out of the van, and headed towards the house.

"you know what this house looks like?" jj said, "whoever lives here smokes too much weed."

"yeah and they're not sharing." i smiled, catching up to the boys.

as we got closer we could hear the banging of things breaking, pots and pans hitting each other, and two deep voices.

john b stopped, taking a listen.

"maybe we should come back." i said. whatever ms. lana had going on, it probably wasn't any of our business.

"it's a little too soon." jj added, but was hushed by john b, "shut up."

"tell me where it is!" a man inside yelled, "or i'll fuck you up!"

"i'll sink you in the fucking-" another man yelled as ms. lana screamed out in pain, "you're hurting me!"

"ah-" i started, but john b put his fingers to my lips, "shut up come on."