𝐰𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥

we need you for mechanical

pope and i pulled up to the dock by kiaras house, seeing her walking out on the deck. moments before we texted her, saying john b and jj were stranded out in the marsh, and we needed her help. and now pope and i had to come pick her up.

"code red!" pope yelled as kie walked up to the boat.

"what the hell is going on?" she asked, as she climbed down a small ladder.

"okay, jj and john b conked out in the marsh." i said, "they need a tow."

she sighed and climbed into the boat, "okay, well, what does that have to do with me?"

"we need you for mechanical." pope shrugged as we pulled away from the dock.

she sighed and sat down beside me, "so why couldn't y/n help you with mechanical?"

pope shrugged, "too sore."

kie nodded, looking at my face. around my friends, i didn't hide my cuts and bruises. so they were plain as day. they were healing, slowly, but surely.

"shit y/n." she said, shaking her head.

we pulled up next to a slightly bigger boat from heyward, "can't you guys do anything without me?" she asked as i tied the boat off.

pope didn't say anything as she stepped off the boat and into the other one. she looked back at us, wondering why we weren't coming, "are you guys gonna come?"

pope and i shook our heads, "we gotta tie this boat off."

she scrunched her eyebrows, but continued to walk onto the boat, out of eyesight.

"they're gonna hate us." i said, sitting down on the side of the boat.

we had locked sarah in the deck, and planned to make a run for it once jj and john b hopped in the smaller boat. we'd drive away, and leave the two girls to solve their differences.

as soon as we heard chuckles coming from the guys, pope took that as a sign to start the boat, waiting for the right moment to drive away.

john b and jj came around the front of the boat, "go go!" jj yelled, hopping in the boat after john b.

pope did as he said, and as we were driving away, we could see kiara and sarah standing there, probably fuming.

"are you joking?" kie yelled, "get your asses back here!"

"we can't!" john b yelled, "not till you two figure it out."

"i will kill every single one of you!"

but we left anyway, despite sarah and kiaras objecting.

*

i pulled into john b's driveway, needing to get something before i went to rafe's. i had until tomorrow night to spend with rafe, until we went to get the gold at mrs crains house.

i walked up the steps, and opened the front door, going inside to grab my phone, which i forgot. i was about to turn around and leave for the camerons, when i saw someone sitting on the deck.