𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐲

i have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property

"don't let it get in your head, bro. three of them, and two of us." jj said as we walked into heywards shop, "that's typical kook shit right there."

"hell yeah." kie agreed, joining our conversation at the counter.

"what was your thought process, with using your head?" jj asked, referring to pope slamming his head into toppers.

"i don't know man." pope said, i just kind of acted off instinct."

"well, that's what started the fight." i chimed in, sitting at the bar by the front counter.

jj scoffed, "cause he was defending himself?"

"jj, theyre stronger than you. you've got to start using your head, not your fists." i said, playing with the strings on rafe's hoodie i was wearing.

"yeah. whatever." jj said, continuing his conversation with pope.

before anyone could say anything, a loud voice boomed through the store, "hey pope, someone's here to see you."

we all looked towards the door, and saw heyward walking into the shop, pointing to the door. we all exchanged glances, and looked at pope.

before pope could say anything, deputy shoupe walked in, not looking pleased.

"evening officer." pope said, clearing his throat, obviously scared shitless.

"i have an arrest warrant," shoupe said, showing heyward a piece of paper, "for felony destruction of property."

everyone's jaws dropped to the floor. especially pope's.

"what?" heyward said, glaring at pope.

pope gulped and looked back at us, his eyes wide with fear, "hands where i can see 'em." shoupe continued, moving closer to pope.

"shoupe, what did he do?" heyward asked as shoupe grabbed pope's hands, pulling them behind him.

"look at the warrant." shoupe said.

"i'm sorry, you're arresting him?" i said. they didn't have proof. they couldn't have had proof. pope couldn't go to jail. he'd loose his merit scholarship that he worked so hard to get even close to getting.

"you're arresting my boy?" heyward said, throwing a towel over his shoulder. by this time everyone was freaking out, including me. how the hell could this happen?

"be careful!" kie yelled as shoupe began to whip out his handcuffs, beginning to arrest pope.

"anything you say can," shoupe began, ignoring all the ruckus, "and will be held against you in the court of law."

shoupe clicked the handcuffs together, and each one of us, were almost in tears. we're pouges. no one was going to believe our side of the story. kooks would win.

everyone was screaming as shoupe began walking out with pope, everyone following him. everyone was in shock. and i had to do something.

by the time we got outside, jj was screaming at shoupe, but shoupe just shoved him off. pope still looked like he was in a trance.

before they could shove his head down in the cop car i screamed, "it wasn't him!"

everyone's attention turned to me, including pope, who was confused. i just couldn't let my best friend get arrested. he had too much to live for. i was already a maybanks. i had nothing and everything against me.