Ch. 6 - Daddy Issues

"Hi, dad." Her voice came out louder than she had meant for it to be.

"I'm surprised to see you visiting me." He mused before leaning against the bars that divided them.

"I figured it's been 8 years, I should say hi." Her head was buzzing and her heart threatened to jump out of her chest.

"I have been wondering what you've been doing these years." Metal scraped as he pulled up a chair to sit in.

"I'm chief of police now. I've done a lot of good for myself." She told him, rather proudly.

"Couldn't make it into the big leagues huh? Figures." He scoffed.

Blood tainted her tongue as she bit down, trying to ignore him. "Hey kid, you gotta get to the point and get outta there." Bucky's voice chirped through the earpiece.

She sat in silence a moment, trying to think of something only she and her father would know. "Do you remember the day you killed Mama?"

"I didn't kill her. She committed suicide." He lied. That was the same lie he tried to tell the police.

"Mama died in my arms, dad. We both know you did it. Your handprints were all over her body, why keep lying?"

"If she had just shut up and did what I said she wouldn't be dead. She made her choice to defy me. That's why she's dead. Suicide." His tone was so casual it made her sick.

"Hey. Kitsu. C'mon. You gotta find something before your heart freaks out." This time it was Aizawa in her earpiece.

"Mama was nothing but good to you." She spat at her father.

"She approved of your little affair with your teacher. What mother thinks it's okay for a high schooler to sleep with her teacher?"

"She approved of me staying the night because it wasn't an affair or anything sexual. I was in a spare bedroom for one night so that you didn't kill me." Her eyes felt hot and full to the brim with salty tears.

"I know you better than that. You're a liar. Like your old man." He seemed to almost take pride in this.

"I'm nothing like you." She argued. Her heart was beating against her rib cage and she knew she had to calm down. "Do you remember my 13th birthday?"

Her father seemed to be growing bored of this conversation. "Not really."

Her breath hitched in her throat. "Who the hell are you?"

"Kitsurio?" Aizawa asked in the earpiece.

"What's going on kid?" BUcky followed.

"My 13th birthday was the only birthday my father wasn't drunk. It was the only birthday he was nice to me, and he held it over my head for years. Almost every day he brought up how he brought me flowers and took me to breakfast. He wouldn't forget that." She stood up from her chair.

"I've been here nearly 7 years and I try not to think about you. Must've forgotten." He flashed a pointed smile, the gold in his eyes gleaming in the light.

"Maybe he forgot. Don't blow your cover." Bucky spoke I'm her ear.

"Calm down, we can't have you going into cardiac arrest again." Shouta soothed.

Instead of listening to either of them she ripped the earpiece out and threw it on the floor.

"Oh? You were bugged? How amusing." Her father chided.

She pulled her gun out and cocked it.

"What are you gonna do? Shoot your old man? You're schizo." He didn't seem scared, only amused.