Ch. 7 - Hotel Room

Kitsurio was grouchy. She was tired and wanted to be wearing her own clothes. There were no pants in Shouta's home that were small enough for her to wear except for a pair of scratchy basketball shorts Mic had left at his house years ago. She didn't mind wearing one of Shouta's shirts, but the shorts were making her crazy. The lack of clean underwear was also upsetting her. She refused to wear her dirty work uniform, and these were the only other options. She had refused to wear her bra too. She decided that if she had to wear uncomfortable shorts, then she would make up for the discomfort by going braless.

She climbed out of Shouta's car. It was early, the sun was just barely rising. Bucky was already out of the car and heading towards one of the hotel doors on the ground floor. "I'll see you tonight," Shouta told her sleepily.

"See you tonight." She huffed.

"Hey, call me if you feel unsafe at all." He told her softly.

She rolled her eyes at him. "He's a super-soldier with a nearly invincible metal arm and guns. I will be fine."

"Okay, cranky." He laughed.

"Bye Shouta." She mumbled before shutting the door and shuffling over to Bucky as he waved to Shouta and unlocked the door to his hotel. Silently she followed him in.

As soon as the door shut behind her, she became hyper-aware of the fact that she was now alone with a man she hardly knew, but also happened to be her favorite American hero.

"There's nowhere to sit except to bed, just make yourself comfortable." He lightly grabbed her shoulder as he slid past her. Awkwardly she sat down on the bed and watched as Bucky pulled out cat food from a cupboard. He put it in a bowl and left it on the counter. "She's probably hiding right now, she'll come out when she's hungry."

Kitsurio nodded as she scared the room for the cat. She couldn't see her anywhere.

Bucky yawned. "Wanna go grab coffee? There's a Starbucks across the street."

She shook her head. "I'd rather not be perceived like this."

He laughed. "Alright well, you can stay here while I get coffee. Want anything?"

"I can't have caffeine. Heart condition." She replied awkwardly.

"Want something decaffeinated?" He offered.

"Do they have juice?" She asked.

At first, he thought she was joking. "I can check. Any kind of juice?"

She nodded. "Literally anything except lemonade or orange juice. I hate lemons and oranges."

He nodded. "Alright well. I'll be back."

Even after he left she still somehow felt awkward. He had paperwork all over the tables and pinned to the walls. Part of her wanted to snoop, but she also knew all those papers had to be about her dad, so she decided to ignore them. Her mind began to wander as she thought about how much she loved Bucky's television character. They seemed so different, yet somehow still so similar.

She thought about her room, and how she had posters of his television counterpart on the wall. A mental note was made to not allow Bucky into her room. She knew that she definitely had a crush on the television Bucky. But now the question was, did she like the actor, and how he portrayed Bucky? Or was it the Winter Soldier himself that she loved?

A small jingle caught her attention and she looked up to find a white cat eating from the bowl Bucky had left out.

"Well hello!" Kitsurio cooed.

The cat looked up from her bowl and hissed.

"Don't be like that." She pouted. "Bucky didn't tell me your name..." She thought back to the short conversation about his cat but no name was mentioned. She wanted to befriend his cat but she was admittedly afraid of getting scratched.