1

Sometimes you would give up the world for that one person. You would give up your whole life for them. But what if you did it all for the wrong person? Or was it the right person? What if you met the right person at the wrong time?

———

The moon is shining, dark clouds are seen in the sky, people are walking here and there and the traffic is not that bad. It's a chilly night in Seoul. I walk up the stairs of my apartment building. I take off my shoes and slide my feet in some fluffy slippers as soon as I walk inside my apartment.

I put the gift box and chocolate on the kitchen counter and start walking to the bedroom. I slightly push the bedroom door open just to see nobody except for a letter on the bed. I pick it up. TIANA. I open it and start reading.

Dear Tiana,
I don't even know how to say this. I fell out of love with you Tiana. I couldn't say this to you because I don't want to see you cry. I can't bare the thought of me being the reason you're hurting but I have to break up with you. It's really not your fault Tiana, it's just me. I hope you move on and find a person that will make you happy and never falls out of love with you. Please don't reach out for me, I won't pick up or read your messages.

Take care,

Nam-joon.

I wake up with tears rolling down my cheeks. Again. A bad dream about him. It has been five years since our break up. I don't think of him at all. He just appears in my dreams, the only place he allows himself to be connected with me.

It's sad that it went like that. I deserved a break up face to face. I deserved to hear him say that instead of reading it.

I look at the clock. 3 AM. I get up to drink a glass of water and get back in bed. I believe that I will find someone who will make me happy and loved. I close my eyes and fall asleep.

~~~

"Okay everyone, this week is gonna be an important week. An artist from America is coming here to our magazine for a shoot upcoming Friday. I want everything to be perfect for his arrive." Nedati says as he looks around then winks me to come after him.

I close the door of his office. Nedati is my boss but also my friend. We've known each other for four years. I met him at a store when I tried to get some soju with my fake ID. He was 21 and I was 19 by that time. One day before my birthday. He told the cashier that he was my friend and bought the soju for me.

"What is it that you want from me!!" I say as I let myself fall on the couch that's in front of his desk. "Before I start, go get me some coffee." I threaten to throw a pillow at him.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Well what I wanted to say is that I need you to do this shoot for me Tiana." "I can't Nedati it's my day off plus I have a date on that day." I say trying to convince him.

"You really think I'm stupid. I know you long enough to know that there's no date at all," he smiles proudly "plus its a huge deal for you. He is an American artist. You're my best photographer, Tiana, I really need you to do this job for me."

I sigh. Should I do it? If I take this and take the pictures I will be known in America. I could even fly overseas for other artists. My dream will finally come true.

I stand up and walk over to his desk. "I want one of your cars for at least six months." "WHAT! Are you crazy?! I can't do that! They are precious to me!" He says in a sad loud tone.

"I almost felt bad for you. I think I might have to look for a date on Friday then. There are a lot of single men in Seo-" "Deal! But only for three months." "Four." "Fine." I look at him with a big smile.