3 ~ More Strange Magic

Strange mustn't have been in too much of a rush for he agreed to wait the hour and a half until her break, disappearing back through his glowing portal, and emerging from it once again at the exact moment her break started, right in front of her desk this time, startling even more people, including her.

"Well, you're certainly punctual. I appreciate that. Walk in the park?" she suggested. "So, how's my doppelganger sister your girlfriend doing?" she said, asking of Master Ekaterina of the Mystic Arts, another person connected to the Infinity Stones. The look-alike women had all vowed to keep in touch to the best of their ability. Some were traveling all across the universe.

"She's good, been jumping from Sanctum to Sanctum, meeting with other Masters post-Blip."

"And hey, didn't forget about you-" Cloak lifted a corner as though in a wave of greeting to her. "Yeah, love this guy."

They were getting a lot of stares. She liked to think it was because of her super cool bright pink hair - courtesy of her powers - but she guessed it was because of Doctor Strange's robes and cloak.

"You came all the way from New York? How is it over there?"

"I was actually at our base in Nepal, Kamar-Taj, accessing the ancient library."

"Everything you say is so damn cool!"

"Right to the point: as a magic user, I am inviting you to train with us at the Sanctum Sanctorum."

"Oh-" There was no hiding her surprise.  "Okay..."

"I saw you during the battle at the Avengers Facility. Your powers are unique and strong."

"Space magic. It's got special runes and everything."

"Well yes, but I believe it could be a form of the Mystic Arts. All magic is."

"Really?"

"Yes, or so we know thus far. We believe you share the same power as us, just untrained."

"So you mean with training I could be a wizard like you?"

"Sorcerer."

"Sorcerer, sorry. Same thing."

"Not really."

"I think so..."

"Anyways, that's not the point. But yes, with extensive training, you could." He put extra emphasis on 'extensive'.

"Okay, cool..."

"So, again, I would like you to come train with us." It was posed as an offer but said more like a gentle order.

"Okay... Is this an offer or a request? I'm a little confused by your tone here..."

"It's a nudge, or to use your words a 'requesting offer'."

"Okay..." seemed to be all she could muster. 

"Our mission is to protect reality - this reality - and unite Sorcerers, help each other. We wield a lot of power - I don't want to leave it unchecked."

"That makes sense. Good cause. I would like to join it."

"Good. I'm glad. I'll have a room readied for you and make sure you are scheduled in all of our upcoming training sessions-"

"Whoa, whoa, hang on there, Mr. Magic Man. I can't commit full time to this. I have a job, and a girlfriend, and a new cat. I have a life. I can't just toss that all aside to become a wizard."

"Sorcerer."

"Same thing."

"Not exactly."

"Whatever, close enough-" She continued on, especially when he opened his mouth to most likely protest her use of 'wizard' further. "Look, I'm truly very honoured that you'd like to recruit me to your cause, I really am, and I'd really like to do this, but more on the side."

"Training in the Mystic Arts is not an 'on the side' deal."

"Well maybe we could make some exceptions? How about I say this, one magic doc to another: I give you my schedule and you set my training around it. That way, both schedules are referenced and everyone's happy."

"Very well. But it is going to be a big side commitment."

"I understand."

"Good."

"If I join your magic-force, do I get a cool cloak with a personality too?"

"No."

"Hmm. That's a real selling factor."

"How soon can you get your schedule ready?"

"Soon."

"All right, good." He looked as though he were about to leave but then paused.  "Have you had any contact with Wanda Maximoff lately?"

"Uh, no. Should I have?"

"No, it's just I haven't either. She's been off the grid - way off-grid. It's troubling. Anyways, I would like to keep track of you and your powers so would you please sign our record?"

She wasn't sure of what he meant by keeping track of her and her powers. "Um, sure?"

"Good." Poof! She jumped as a long scroll literally appeared in front of her out of thin air and rolled down along the street behind them. "These are the terms and conditions, please read them thoroughly and then sign and date at the bottom on the line there-" A large quill pen appeared in his other hand that he offered to her. 

"You're kidding." The look he gave her told her that he was most definitely not kidding. She sighed. "Fine. Can I at least sit down to read through this-"

After reading, at length, through the very specific terms and conditions while seated on a park bench, she signed and handed the scroll back to him. It rolled back up on its own and the quill poofed out of sight. 

"I would also appreciate you providing any information you may have on how you received your powers and where."

"Okay, yeah, I can do that."

"I would also like to conduct an in-depth examination and inspection of your staff whenever is convenient."

"Okay, anything else?"

"Nope. Excellent. Thank you, Dr. Bane. We'll be in touch." With that he opened his glowing, swirling portal and hopped through, the scroll going with him, until the last corner was gone, the portal opening disappearing with a flash and a pop!, a few excess sparks fizzling away after he was gone. 

"Awesome," she said to no one in particular. "Good chat, Doc. Nice guy."

She couldn't wait to tell Carol about this visit.

(Ah, nothing like a Doctor Strange cameo! And a Wandavision reference! ;) 

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :))