TWO; The Rabbit and The Ox

"Yaawwwwnnn. I enjoy seeing Yuki, but boy are assemblies boring. I almost fell asleep! But I couldn't once all of the girls started screaming when Yuki came up." Momiji stretched his arms up, groaning as he did. I smiled at the small boy, nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Cause he's cute?"

"Oh man, you really haven't seen or interacted with Yuki, huh?" Momiji said as he stuck his tongue out a bit playfully. "Yuki is called a prince on the sole fact that he acts like one. At least to those who aren't a part of the Souma family. He's kind, and generous."

"You say he's only like that to those outside of your family?" I rose an eyebrow, and both Momiji and Haru nodded.

"Are you normally nicer to your family as you are to strangers?" Haru asked, tilting his head lazily. I rubbed the back of my neck, laughing awkwardly. "Well, I suppose not."

The three of us walked back towards our next class, doing some small talk here and there. It was honestly nice, and rather calm. I really enjoyed the company of Haru and Momiji, I just really hoped the others they mentioned that went to this school were the same way. Though something didn't sit right with me. Momiji mentioned Haru had a...dark side. I was rather curious, but not enough to try to set him off or anything. I just hope it didn't mean I was involving myself with someone dangerous.

"Are you okay, Y/n? You seem deep in thought." I blinked out of my trance, and looked down to see Momiji staring at me worriedly. Right past him Haru stood, hands in his pockets and an eyebrow raised. I showed the two a smile, waving my hands in front of me. "Sorry! I was a little lost in thought. High School is so much more hectic than middle school, and I guess I'm still getting used to actually hanging around people."

Momiji tilted his head a bit in confusion, Haru shaking his head a bit and smirking. "What, not used to having friends?"

"Precisely." I chuckled a bit, and his eyes widened. I'm pretty sure he meant it as a joke, and didn't expect me to reply back so calmly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean-"

"It's okay, Haru. But you're not wrong. I never really had a care to socialize in middle school. My parents are really strict on me having good grades so I figured that having friends would be a distraction."

"Does that mean you'll eventually stop being our friend?" My eyes softened at Momiji's sad look, and I shook my head. "Of course not! I really don't mind it. I think I'll be able to keep up having friends and keeping my grades up. I'm a big girl." This calmed him down, and he smiled once again.

"Okay, good! Because it's hard to find someone to get along with so easily sometimes. Or you know, someone who doesn't freak out over our family and try to get with them." He laughed, and I couldn't help but to laugh with him.

We all eventually made it back to our class, and the day went on calmly. Every class we had the three of us sat in the back, ate lunch together and it was honestly really nice. I enjoyed getting to know the two Souma boys. And I think sometime tomorrow I might get to meet some of the others.

"We will see you tomorrow, Y/n! I hope you make it home safely!" Momiji called out, waving as I waved back. "Thank you, have a good night!" I smiled, turning and beginning my walk home.

Yeah, I'd say overall today was very successful. I finally made some friends. Friends. Hm. I smiled to myself, watching my feet as I walked.

"You're heading this way? We can walk together." I looked up, turning my head to see Haru standing beside me.

"Sure, that would be lovely. Do you live down this way as well?"

"No, I'm gonna visit someone in the hospital. It's down this way but I figured we could walk together since you're walking this way too."