SEVEN: The Secret

It had been a few weeks since Haru and I's little rendezvous. And ever since that night, we had gone out at least twice a week ti just lay in that tube and stare at the stars. I don't know what it was about Haru, and what compelled me to just be able to completely trust him.

Maybe it was just the kind of person he was.

I ran my hairbrush through my hair, staring into the mirror in my bathroom as I did. I was still peeved off at my parents. Mostly my mom. The fact she broke my phone like that. It still hurt.

"Come on, Y/n. You need to get going if you wanna make it to school on time."

"Okay."

I never really spoke more than one word to her anymore. I didn't want to. What she was doing to me wasn't okay, and I wish I could get her to see that it wasn't. You can't just force your child to miss all the good things in growing up.

Friends, dances, love, heart break. I'll never be able to grow and learn without my own experiences and now more than ever I wanted to know what it was like too.

I stepped down the stairway, and made it towards the front door without even giving my mother a glance. She started to say something, but I didn't care. I walked out, and closed the door while she spoke. I knew it made her more upset when I'd ignore her, but I didn't care.

Besides, she didn't care if I had my own life. She didn't care if I wanted to do my own thing or had dreams of my own. All she cared about was probably to use me as bragging rights. To say her daughter was so smart and successful. Was dad like that too? Did he only see me as a pawn as well?

I drew a breath, my eyes glued to the sidewalk as I made my way to the school. At least I got to look forward to seeing Hatsuharu and Momiji. Those two made everything so much better. And my bond with Haru only grew deeper everyday.

We didn't kiss again after the first time, nor spoke of it really. It was just a spur of the moment thing, no feelings or anything involved. So he probably forgot about it.

I couldn't. I placed my fingertips against my bottom lip, the soft feel of his lips way too unforgettable. I wanted to feel it again...

"Y/n?" I looked up, meeting those deep brown eyes he had. A smile forming on my face as I approached him. "Good morning, Haru! I hope you slept well."

"I didn't really sleep much. Was busy." A small smirk formed on his face, causing me to tilt my head curiously. "Busy?"

"Haru, whose this?" My eyes snapped to a girl. She was absolutely stunning. Her hair was long, completely straight and a radiant black. She stood to be a good bit taller than me, and her figure was perfect. Though, the look on her face obviously showed she didn't want me here.

"This is Y/n, my classmate."

Classmate?

"Oh, so a nobody. Run along." She turned, beginning to walk the opposite way from the school. I looked to Haru once more, the lump in my throat trying to form words. "Who is that?"

"Remember my ex girlfriend? That's her. We got back together last night..." I could feel my heart thump hard against my chest, watching him stare at her walk away. His eyes filled with so much love and adoration.

"I see...I best get going...wouldn't want just some classmate to keep you held up." I pushed past him, the words he said ringing in my ears.

After all we had gone through the last few weeks, he only saw me as a classmate? Not even dignified enough to call me a friend?

I turned my head to look at him, in hopes he would have at least chased me to explain myself, but my heart only broke further when I saw he had already caught up to her, and was walking beside her.

How was I supposed to compete with something like that? She was absolutely perfect.

She was like a piece of fine China, while I was a chipped plate.

What was the point in making friends again? I had already promised myself I never would, so why did I?

That's right. Momiji.

I was content with just being friends with Momiji, so I'll stay with that. At least he won't lead me on.

Okay, that's unfair. I told Haru I wouldn't fall and did anyways. I promise Yuki I wouldn't. And like a dumbass I did anyways. This was my fault.

But I at least deserved to be called a friend.

I hadn't really realized I was already at the school until I heard Momiji's always chipper voice call out to me. I didn't want him to worry, so I put a smile on and approached the blond.

"Good morning, Y/n!" He said, bouncing where he stood. I couldn't help but to giggle at his bubbly self, and returned the gesture.

"Good morning Momiji!" I put on the best smile I could, I didn't want him seeing that I was upset.

"Are you ready for that test today? I know I'm not. Those math figures can be so hard to figure out sometimes!" He groaned, causing me to laugh a bit.

"It'll be easy.."

"By the way, have you seen Haru? He should have been here by now."

The name felt like an arrow to my heart, and I could only shake my head. "Cant say that I have. It's weird."

"Maybe he's skipping because of the test?" Momiji mumbled, leading the both of us into the school.

"Maybe."

I sighed, and made my way to my locker.

Why couldn't he at least call me a friend? Was he that embarrassed of me? I didn't think I was that unattractive...right? I thought...I don't know anymore. My head and heart hurt. I just wanted to know more but watching him choose her...

But he did have more chemistry with her. She was his ex. So it's no surprise he did.

Ugh. I really wish I never found out about the Souma's curse. This secret is honestly going to be the death of me.

~~~~

A/n: sorry I'm so late on updating! Been busy with life and starting college!