FIVE; The "Dragon"

"You..love her?" Yuki stated at me in shock, and I could only nod my head.

"I'm pretty sure she has forgotten by now. She's changed a lot since we were kids. I kept an eye on her, and noticed that she secluded herself a lot. But I couldn't stop..." I took a deep breath, as Yuki ran a hand through his hair.

"You can't tell Hatori or Akito. You can say you're good friends, but if word got to Akito...after what happened to Kisa, and Kana."

"Yeah..." I never understood why Akito did attack the females like that, but that was the last thing I wanted to happen to Y/n. "I'll just say she's a really good friend who I trust."

The walk to the main estate felt like it took ages, but when we got there we went straight to Hatori's office. I stood timidly behind Yuki as he knocked on the door, then slid it open.

"Oh, Yuki? I didn't know you had an arrangement with me today."

"I didn't...something happened at school..." Hatori raised a brow, his gaze finally shifting towards me.

"Someone found out."

"Yeah...it was my fault. We had a misunderstanding and she slipped."

Hatori let out an irritated sigh, and he began packing his bag. "Do you know where they live? I want to get this done quickly-"

"Hatori wait a moment. Can you reconsider? She's my friend, and I don't want her to lose her memories...I want to keep being her friend..."

"Momiji, you know already Miss Honda is the only exception Akito will make. And that's still barely. Once I tell-"

"Then don't! Please, Hatori I'm begging you. I never ask for anything from the Souma's. I gave up my own family without a fight. Can't I have this..?" I didn't want to use the guilt card, but I knew Hatori's heart wasn't so dark like he tried letting it on to be.

"You say she's trustworthy?"

"Yes! She's super sweet and honestly I'm her only friend. She wouldn't have anyone else exactly to tell."

He let out one more sigh, before turning away. "Fine. I'll keep my mouth shut, but I'd advise you keep your friendship with her on the downlow. If Akito found out, you know it'll be dangerous not only for you, but her. Don't let any of the other Souma's know that she knows. Understood?"

"Yes! Thank you Hatori!" I quickly jumped forward, and hugged the tall male. He let out a small huff, shooing Yuki and I out of his office.

I was so happy. She wouldn't have to lose her memories, and could keep being my friend. I'm overjoyed.

~~~
-Y/n's POV-

I couldn't sleep at all last night. The thought of my memories of Momiji and Haru being erased was honestly so upsetting. I wanted nothing more than to just take back finding out their secret.

"Honey, get up it's time for school." My mother peeked her head into my room, catching her eyes and nodding. "Yes ma'am."

"Breakfast is ready, see you soon." She stepped away, and I forced myself out of bed. My head was killing me from crying, but I guess I better get ready.

~~

"Y/n!" My attention snapped towards Momiji, who ran up and grabbed my wrist. He seemed awfully happy for some reason. Maybe he didn't care...

"Come come, follow me! I need to tell you something." He slowly dragged me off, leading me up towards the schools roof. My eyes squinted at the sunlight as he pushed open the doors and brought me out, finally letting go of my wrist.