newcomers (Percy POV)

so Hermes confirmed 4 half bloods coming to camp last week. he gave them a few days to prepare and then they had to wait on the beach. so that's where me and Annabeth come in. I take my new boat out to the beach of liberty Island and sail em back to camp. what's a few sea monsters along the way?

I give Annabeth a kiss as she reads a book.

"Whatcha reading?" I ask

"architectural geniuses in the world" she answers

"ok honey"

she gives me a funny look. "honey?"

"yeah ya know," I start but I kinda falter as she looks at me with storm gray eyes. "like those couples from the 60s?" that last part came out all squeaky

"stick with wise girl, seaweed brain" Annabeth says returning to her book

I look out to the sea. about  45.186765 nautical miles out there is some kids waiting for us and they need us. need me! Percy Jackson son of Poseidon one of the gr- ok let's go.

we reach liberty island in about 10 minutes (thanks to some helpful sea creatures) and help the kids load up. this one kid had just a few things. a back pack full of food, water, and action figure stuff. he also had a camera, sunglasses a broken bat and a hellhound named rover. the second kid (who was obviously the firsts best friend) had a lot more stuff. he had like 5 bags of sciency things a whole clothes rack of these belts filled with potion stuff and these weird disk thingies. the third kid who was big and burly had a backpack, and that's it. the girl had two knapsacks of stuff with photos gadgets etcetera etcetera. luckily we had enough room for their truck. big mama. and it was awesome! it had a harpoon bottle rockets and a wax skull that smelt like cookie dough. also like a million game consoles and a flat screen TV. the kids' names where Jack, Quint, Dirk, and June.

we headed back out, and after less than 5 minutes in the camp we determined the mom of Quint.

"what?" he asked "do I have a loogie? Jack do I have a loogie?"

"Buddy" Jack replied " look up"

Quint looked up and saw a glowing gray bird holding an olive branch.

"holy cow!" Dirk yelled "guys look!" a red boar with a spear through his head hovered above his head.

"looks like we have a son of Ares and a son of Athena" Chiron said.