Ignorance × and × Selfishness

[This takes place 3 years after the Chimera Arc : But no dark continent yet~]

How many times has it been? Sometimes you won't even notice how selfish his actions are. Though he is selfish, he has only good intentions yet people don't see that.

But his good nature started to fade as they grew older. He no longer thought of possible consequences for every decision he made, not like he does in the first place but, it was so uncontrollable that it started to hurt Killua.

The risks and everything else Gon does, he's become truly selfish. You can almost even call him narcissistic.

It started to scare Killua, the thought of Gon getting hurt, the thought of losing him, the thought that he couldn't control Gon, all of those made him feel unworthy to be called Gon's friend.

And this time, it made him angry.

Killua started to question his purpose of being Gon's friend. One of the thoughts that bothered him was how he thought he was there just to clean up after Gon's issues.

It made him angrier.

Insecurity...Insecure Thoughts...

.

.

.

8am

Today was the day they were finally leaving Heaven's arena.

Gon and Killua were already 17. Both having gotten slow at developing their skills and Nen due to personal reasons.

One giving up all of his time being a siscon and the other completing schoolwork while regaining back his Nen.

Both grew up to become fine young men. But there was something that irritated Gon.

Killua was waaaaay taller than him

Gon seems to have inherited Ging's "being tiny" while Killua inherited Silva's "being beefy and tall". Killua made Illumi look like a bamboo stick if he were 17 again.

They came back a few months ago after improving a lot to attempt to beat a floor master.

Both succeeded in doing so and today was the day they both go home. With Killua heading towards his sister to spend time with her and with Gon set out to look for his father again.

"Can't believe we have to part ways again. Why don't you come along this time? Maybe you'll finally get to meet my dad too!" Gon says with pouting lips.

He's been wanting to introduce Killua to his father. Not because he's his best friend, but because Gon has lingering feelings towards Killua that even he doesn't know about.

Meanwhile Killua didn't respond. He was frowning, and Gon didn't really know why.

Apparently yesterday on the final fight, Gon was kinda beaten up and almost got struck on the heart defenselessly just to pull of a new move of his. It worked but the risk was high, so high that it made Killua jump out of the bleachers to try and stop Gon.

Thankfully Gon only ended up with a broken arm. Even after Killua warned him not to pull off that reckless move, he still did.

"Killua?" Gon stepped forward and bent to look at Killua's face from below. Killua doesn't respond again, and turns his head away from Gon.

"Killuaaaaa"

Gon started to whine. "Why are you angryyy? Did I do something wrong??" He said.

Killua didn't budge. It upset Gon, he honestly didn't know what made Killua this mad that he wouldn't talk to him less look at his face. He stepped back to try and think, after a few minutes of trying to remember what he did he stepped and started walking in front of Killua facing him forcibly.

"Was it because I didn't listen to you? Soryyyy.. b-but look on the bright side! I didn't die!~" he said giggling at the last part.

What the hell?

Gon was taken aback when Killua suddenly turned and grabbed Gon's collar.

"What the hell?? Look on the bright side???? WHAT BRIGHT SIDE??" Killua shouted.

Gon's smile turned into an alarmed expression. "Is your possible death supposed to be a joke or something???" Killua continued in an angry tone.

"You didn't think about how the people around you would react if they knew you died when you could've avoided it??" Killua said.

"I..." Gon tried to speak but he was speechless.

It was true though. But that was already a given, Gon never thinks about the consequences of his actions but only when it affects him and no one else.

"For the past 4 years I've dealt with your bullshit you know that? I'm fucking tired Gon." Killua said and lets go of Gon and pushes him away.

Gon stood there in shock. Did that mean he was tired of being friends with him since 4 years ago? If that was it, then why didn't Killua say so? He was a little bit angry of how Killua hid how he felt about Gon for such a long time. And was a little hurt by how he thought that Killua was tired of him. And all under the frustration and thinking there was a feeling he couldn't identify nor describe, anxiety.

Killua headed towards his home where he would spend his time with his sister.
And Gon went back to Whale island full of thoughts.

To be continued...