A × Phone × Call

It has been 48 hours since Gon was hospitalized.

After what he said to Kurapika he stopped talking, he refused to speak whenever any of his friends asked to know what had happened.

Not even Mito could avoid his being unavailable to talk to. Ging would've been their last hope if it weren't for the fact that he's almost impossible to find or reach out to.

They could only depend on themselves in resolving this matter, and after a few hours of thinking of more options, they finally remembered Killua.

Leorio and Kurapika tried to contact him as much as they could but to no avail. So Hisoka contacted Illumi to contact Killua for them instead.

"Yo." Illumi spoke, casually.

"Hey, uh, is Killua home?.." Hisoka asked.

"Killua? Oh sorry he's not home at the moment, he came barging in 2 days ago demanding to take on all the jobs we have for the week. Why? You need something from him?"

"..." Hisoka hesitated.

He wanted to tell Illumi about Gon's situation hopefully so he could pass this information to Killua, but it was too risky as he had a history of considering killing Gon.

"We've been trying to contact him the past 2 days, he's unreachable. Is Ging his idol or something??" Hisoka joked.

"Hmm.. I'll try to call him. Though there's a high possibility he won't pick up if it's me lol. If he doesn't pick up when I call, just call Alluka instead." The raven said, his grin showing on the way he talked.

"Alright thanks." Hisoka thanked him and ended the call.

The redhead sighed, followed by the other two men in the room.

All of them looked sorrowfully at Gon. They just simply didn't know what he was thinking or what was going on inside his mind, not that they ever knew what he was thinking, but this felt as if it was a different person.

The kid stopped trying in everything, literally.

He stopped talking, he doesn't want to leave the hospital bed, his appetite has decreased severely, and if he wasn't sleeping he would be staring off into space endlessly.

His injuries didn't heal as fast as they usually did, in fact they didn't seem to progressively get better at all.

The thought that something was terribly wrong with Gon lingered at the back of Leorio and Kurapika's head, while Hisoka was still in shock trying to process the situation.

They waited for minutes, which felt like days, for a phone call that could hopefully help Gon. The world seemed to spin so slowly, as three men in an ICU sit and wait.

And then the silence broke.

Hisoka's phone started buzzing, hope igniting in the three men's eyes.

The redhead picked up. "Hello?"

"..."

The other end of the line was silent.

"Illumi?.."

"..He picked up and said 'Fuck off I'm at work' and hung up on me." Illumi said bitterly.

They all become sullen, again, but they were still hopeful. There was still Alluka.

"Alright thanks for trying.. Can you give me Alluka's contact?" Hisoka sighed.

Kurapika looked at Gon, he was sleeping so peacefully. Too peaceful, so motionless and full of cuts and bruises that you'd mistaken him for a corpse.

He felt like a failure as his guardian, Ging was worse than him because he was Gon's parent and an absolute dipshit but Kurapika was always there with him but he still ended up this way.

A few tears rolled down his cheeks, he didn't notice until his vision blurred as the tears got worse.

Quickly wiping them away only for new bigger tears to well back up.

Leorio noticed. "H-Hey.. don't cry...." He tried to comfort the blonde, but ended up tearing up as well.

"He's gonna be okay.." he said.

.

.

.

Riiing... Riiing... Riiing...

Beep.

"Hello?" A cheery sweet voice chirped from the other line.

"Hi, are you Alluka?" Hisoka said.

"Yes I am, who is this?”

"My name is Hisoka, I'm an acquaintance of your brother's. We can't seem to contact him so we thought we could perhaps contact him through you?" He asked.

"Oh sure! He's with me at the moment but he went outside earlier to get some food, could you wait a few minutes until he comes back?" she chimed.

"Alright no problem."

"Alluka? Who're you talking to?" Killua's voice could barely be heard.

"Oh you're back! It's your acquaintance, he says his name is Hisoka!" Alluka said with a cheery tone.

"Hah??" Killua reacted, his tone audibly disgusted and furious.

He could be heard snatching the phone from his little sister.

"You clown. What do you want with my sister?!" Killua said angrily.

Leorio had heard Killua's loud angry voice from the phone, he bolted towards Hisoka and snatched the phone from him too.

"Killua?!" Leorio said loudly.

"Now who is this?!"

"It's me Leorio! Where have you been?! We tried contacting you for days!" The raven said in utter relief.

"Oh shit you did? Sorry I got a new phone. Why is there something wrong?" Killua indeed got a new phone, but he didn't want to tell them he got one so Gon wouldn't contact him.

"It's Gon! You need to hurry here!" Leorio said almost panicky and in a rush.

Killua's mood went sour, 'Ugh... did he tattle..?' he thought.

"He was rushed to the ER two days ago!"

Yet upon hearing those words he felt confused.

"What?!" Alluka screamed onto her phone as she had heard what Leorio said.

"Big brother we have to go there quick!!" Alluka said, concerned and panicking.

Meanwhile Killua was now lost in space, trying to process what he just heard. Gon was rushed to the ER? Why? Two days ago was when he and Gon had fought, how did this happen? Did something go past under his careful watch? More importantly, what the hell injured Gon so bad that he had to be rushed to the hospital?

His world went silent, a silent ringing. As a man kept talking loudly on the phone and his little sister hurrying to pack all their things.

To be continued...