Chapter 27

Hana turned on her computer, preparing herself for the worst. She had been avoiding her computer the entire day, not wanting to see what was printed about her, but it was now after Isha prayer, and her curiosity had gotten the better of her. As her news webpage loaded, she let out a groan, and buried her face in her hands. There, on the front page of Yahoo, was her picture. She was also on the MSN homepage, on US Weekly, and three other magazine websites. There was a picture of her pushing Kareem in the swings, and her and Houssam laughing, one of her, Houssam, and Kareem near the slide, another of her holding Kareem and walking towards the car, and one of when Houssam had come behind her to pull her out of the paparazzi circle.

At least her scarf looked good.

The headlines were no better either.

Lakers Star Secretly Married?!

Houssam Shaykh Photographed With Non Famous Fiancée.

Shaykh’s Hidden Family.

Houssam Shaykh’s Hometown Sweetheart Makes Appearance.

Lakers Star Makes Trip Home to Visit His Longtime Love.

Star of the Los Angeles Lakers off the Market?!

This one had a picture of a close up of a ring Hana wore that her parents gave her when she graduated. The fact that it was on her right hand seemed to have no merit with these people.

And perhaps the worst headline was from that stupid tabloid Trash Talk.

Shaykh Secret Love Child?

The blown up picture they had was of Houssam putting Kareem in his car seat, and Hana in the front seat of the car. They were known for being a magazine that made up stories, and often had ‘sources’ that probably came from the voices in their heads.

Despite her knowing that she would regret it, she clicked on the first headline, skimming through the article, and to her surprise it was sort of amusing.

On Monday at around noon, star of the LA Lakers was spotted at a park on Meadow Ridge St in Santa Barbara California in the company of a mysterious young lady and a little boy. While our sources tell us that the child was Shaykh’s nephew and in fact not his son, the identity of the woman still remains a mystery. As there has never been a recorded shot of Shaykh with any female other than that of his family, we can’t help but be suspicious of their relationship.

She exited the window, clicking on the one next to it.

It seems Houssam Shaykh has much more to celebrate than that of winning MVP. On Monday he was photographed with his new fiancée and his fiancée’s son. It has been reported that he proposed right after the championship game. He has managed to keep their relationship under wraps for quite some time as this is the first time they have been photographed together. Our sources tell us that they are planning a summer wedding, with his teammate and close friend Freddy Crewe serving as best man. No word on if he plans to adopt the child as his own, but we can venture a guess that the good humored star will be a great father.

She laughed out loud at this one, wondering how people automatically came to conclusions like this. After a few seconds of internal debate, she finally clicked on another one.

At first out hearts jumped for joy at seeing the little boy perched on Houssam Shaykh’s hip. After all how hot did he look holding that tiny child!? You could barely see the little boy’s face over his broad shoulders! And what about the cute young woman who stood next to him!? Their height differences were just too adorable for words, and they made a stunning couple.
We just couldn’t get over this hidden family of his. Our minds began to race making up all of the scenarios of how they met and got together. Imagining the star studded event that will be their wedding, the beautiful wedding pictures that will be released, and the many more gorgeous children they will create.
But then we had a source close to the family crush our hopes and dreams, and tell us the baby is actually his nephew, and she is only the babysitter.
Guess we will have to wait some more to meet this beautiful man’s offspring.